Gabriel Duncan

Being without my powers was the hardest thing I've ever had to live with! Even though it had only been a few months, I felt so freaking empty! Like a huge chunk of my life was missing. My mood had changed drastically and the people I loved were starting to notice. Lana kept asking what was going on with me recently whenever we spoke on the phone, but I didn't want to bother her after finding out about her and Clark's split.

I had found myself some what pissed at her for wanting to leave and live in Paris for a while. I mean yeah it was beautiful there, but Smallville was her home. It was our home. But I couldn't stay mad at her forever, it was her life, and she was my bestfriend.

Chloe on the other hand, I could tell was keeping something from me. It was like every time she looked at me, it was through a new set of eyes. Like she knew something I didn't. I kept wondering if there was something she wanted to know, or if there was something else the matter. Or maybe it was because her cousin, Lois was here now. Either way, knowing Chloe she'd tell me when the time was right.

Then, there was, Lex. He had been working non-stop lately, and thankfully he hasn't seen me on his jet, he never even mentioned that he was away actually. I confronted him on it the minute he came back that night. Making up the excuse that one of his bodyguards had told me about the jet malfunctioning. He seemed to believe every word.

It had been almost two months now and the talk about Lex and I had died down just enough for me to be able to finally go out without some random disguise or a thousand of Lex's bodyguards. Now most of the news revolved around Lionel being sent to jail. About time. According to, Lex it was for the murder of his grandparents, aka, Lionel's mom and dad.

I was in my room, at the mansion picking out an outfit for my lunch with Chloe tomorrow, when suddenly my phone rang.

Speak of the know-it-all devil.

"Hey, Chlo! Missed me alre-"

"Elle, I need your help!" Chloe's frantic voice interrupts my cheerful one. My smile immediately dropped. "What's wrong? You alright?" She breathed deeply trying to control her labored breath. "I need you to meet me, don't tell anyone where you're going! I'll text you the address!" She sounded like she was pacing, but I couldn't tell without my super hearing anymore.

"Chole, slow down. What's going on?!" I asked with worry in my voice, as I grabbed my jacket and raced to leave towards my truck. "You remember Gabriel Duncan?" ~

On my way to where Chloe told me to go she informed me of our old friend, Gabriel, from highschool. I remember he used to work for the Torch. I always knew he was super smart and I heard he got accepted to MIT when we all graduated. I assumed he had left to follow his dreams, but from what Chloe was telling me, this wasn't the Gabriel I remembered. He had turned completely.... Psychotic!

I was worried that I wouldn't be much help, being that my powers were gone, it's not like my skin was impenetrable, like Clark's. Usually when I had to dodge something I could just superspeed out of harms way, hopefully I wouldn't have to do any of that today.

Gabriel was my friend too. Maybe I could try to talk some sense into him, before he blew us all to bits.~

When I got to the dirt road, Chloe told me to hide behind a tractor. I did, and not soon after I heard the sound of a motor from someone's motorcycle. I peeked from behind the tractor just enough to see what was going on. Chloe was flagging down the driver. It had to be Gabriel.

"Gabriel, I'm sorry everything happened so fast, I didn't know who else to call." She says giving him an excuse to why she called him, because her car "broke down."

"It's alright, you can come back with me. You'll be safe there." He told her. He always did care for Chloe, but I couldn't let him take her.

"Gabriel! Which silos did you activate?!" Not the most shabbiest of greetings. Come on, Elle, you could do better.

"I trusted you." He says turning to Chloe.

"Whatever your reasons for doing this, killing everyone is not the answer!... What happened to you, Gab? We used to be friends." I said calmly.

"You're wrong, Fara... It's the only answer." He responds turning to me. I gasped at the thunderous
sound that erupted through the air. I felt a burning sensation in my abdomen, retrieving my cuffed palm from it, I saw that my hand was covered in... blood. My body collapsed in the earthy dirt, as my vision became blured with every breath I took.

It was then that I realized that he had shot me. Gabriel Duncan, shot me. The last sound that filled my ears was, Chloe's cry as she called for me, before everything became nothing.