Getting Involved

It's been two hours. Two hours and I'm still sitting in my office pretending to be busy! When Lex showed up out of nowhere Oliver asked me to go back to my office and to hold all of his calls until they were done. Which I did, but I was and still am totally confused.

I thought Oliver and Lex Luthor hated each other? Why was Lex here? And why was he asking so many questions about me to Lana? Also, why the hell am I sitting here, when my boyfri- I mean boss is in a meeting with that very same guy?! I wonder if Lex is gonna tell about us.

Thank god my office windows aren't see through. I have to clear my mind of all this negativity. Maybe some walking will help.

I decide to take a quick walk around
the block and come back later to clear my nerves. I leave out of my office and stop to lock it, but bump into someone walking pass.

"Oh sorry." I saw quickly, not even bothering to look at the person in front of me. I try to brush pass the person without any conversation, but they grab my arm making me look up at their tall figure.

"Hey, what's the rush Ella?"

"Lex." I say breathlessly as my mouth becomes dry from his intense stare. "Sorry I- I just needed some...air." I say feeling jittery. He looks at me with concern in his eyes.

"Hey are you sure you're okay? You seem a little...uneasy." He says with my arm still within his grasp.

"I'm fine." I reply sternly. I yank my arm away and rush out of Queen Industries as fast as I could without causing attention. I breathe in a huge inhale as I let the Metropolis air suffocate my body. Whenever I'm stressed nature has always been my security blanket. It was all I had to hold on to, ever since the accident.

The accident.

On my tenth birthday my parents and I were driving. We were all in the car singing along to 'This Kiss' by Faith Hill. We were so happy and mom and I were having so much fun annoying dad with our constant singing. Dad had his eyes away from the road for a second as he looked back to watch me do a solo expression of Faith Hill, and the last thing I heard was mom's scream.

"Mikael watch out!" My mother's voice echoed through my head. I felt light headed and was on the verge of passing out, but was luckily caught by a man from behind.

"Are you alright? You look as though you were seconds away from meeting the pavement." I heard the man say as he helped me sit down on a nearby bench. My face was in my hands so I couldn't see his face and my head felt like I had been hit by a train.

"No I- I'm okay, I'll be fine. Thank You." I say breathlessly as I rub my temples to ease the aching. "Come on, I'll take you to the hospital-"

"No!" I respond eagerly, and look up at the man standing in front of me with an all black suit on. "Lex?!" I say standing up abruptly, but almost fall again from a head rush. But of course he caught me again and held me up.

"It's okay, I got you." My vision is painfully blurred and the whole of my body felt as though I could drop dead at any second. But, I was used to this feeling, it's been reoccurring since the car accident. Only bad thing about this was that now it was in public and Lex was around to see. And he couldn't take me to the hospital. Not with my blood... Not with my powers.

Ever since I was born, my blood has been...different from others. Even before the meteor shower aka Clark's Arrival, my blood has been a lot like Clark's since birth. Doctors never figured out what it was, because they had never seen anything like it before. And according to them, I don't even have a blood type. I'm guessing it's a sort of mutation.

And Lex is known to be very curious and sneaky when it comes to the unnatural. Especially when it comes to meteor freaks, such as myself. I can never have him find out about me.

"I gotta get back to work." I say quickly shaking my head. I try and leave without his protest, but he grabs me by the arm and stops me.

"Fara wait! You can't just go back to work, not like this anyway." Lex says sounding really concerned surprisingly. I frown. "You don't even know me Alexander. Why do you care so much?!" I ask a bit harshly, but I try not to yell.

He frowns looking a little angry and grabs me by my shoulders making me shake a bit. "You're right I don't know you. But Clark is my friend and I would never forgive myself, if I let something happen to his little sister!" He states harshly as a half whisper half yell as he looks directly into my eyes.

I didn't even notice that we had been like this for a few moments. I was so mesmerized by those hazy blue eyes of his that it seemed as though we were frozen in time. I sighed carefully, letting out the breath that apparently I had been holding for a while.

"Fine." He looks at me seeming a bit confused.

"What?" He says quietly.

"Fine. I'll let you take me to a doctor. BUT" I stop emphasizing "But". "No hospital. I hate hospitals." I lied. I had no problems with hospitals, but I couldn't have my blood issues on record. The only reason my parents found out about my irregular blood is because my aunt is a doctor. And she wouldn't tell a soul of my secret no matter what.

"As long as you're alright it doesn't matter." Lex replies. He let's go of my shoulders allowing me to walk, but my legs are much too weak and I just end up on the ground again. Lex almost instinctively grabs me by my legs and carries me bridal style all the way to his car.

But what I didn't know was that someone had seen the whole thing...