Advice

It's been two days. Two days since Oliver told me he loved me. It's Sunday so I haven't seen him since Friday, thank god! I was purposely wanting to avoid him by any means necessary. I don't know what to do anymore. And for some odd reason all I can think about is... Lex.

I sigh in exasperation. "Penny for your thoughts?" I hear a familiar voice say from behind. I look to find my mom or Martha.

"Hey mom, How are you?" I ask sweetly. She smiles and comes to sit next to me on the plush sofa. "Well I'm fine, but I'm more concerned about you.... What's wrong honey?" She says while playing with my hair. It was always her way of comforting me.

"I don't know what to do anymore. Oliver... told me that he's in loves with me and.... I can't stop thinking about Lex. Doesn't that make me a horrible person?" I ask with tears in my eyes. Martha shakes her head. "No. It makes you human. Look, obviously you have things to sort out. My advice... go to him." I look up at my mother in curiosity.

"Who?" She pauses.

"Whoever it is who's face popped into that head of yours. It doesn't mean that you're in love with him, but sometimes being with a person helps you decide between what you want, and what you need." She replies warmly and smiles.

"You're right. Thanks mom!" I get up excitedly and sprint towards the door after grabbing my jacket. "I'll see you too!" Martha says with a little chuckle.

* * *
I drive up to the metal gate in my red truck. A man's voice comes through the intercom. "Name?"

"Farãella Kent." I reply. The guy pauses for a few minutes, I guess he was informing him that I was here, or looking for my name or something.

"Please, come in." He says sternly and the gates begin to open like curtains on a stage. 'Well here goes nothing.' I think to myself as I exit my car and enter the Luthor Mansion.

I was exscorted by a guard down the halls of the mansion. I got a chill up my spine and the hairs on my arm started to stick up like I was shocked by electricity. I felt like I was being watched, so I turned around to look behind me, but nobody was there.

The security guard opened up the door to Lex's office but he wasn't there. I turned to look at him in confusion. "Mr.Luthor will be with you any moment now." I nodded in understanding and waited until he left to rome around. Standing in front of the stone fireplace, I stared into the depts of the flames for awhile. It felt as though I was being sucked in, like I was in a vortex or something.

"Hi." I hear a familiar voice say softly. I turn around to find Lex standing past the threshold of his office door. I can't help but smile whenever I see him.

"Hi." I reply sweetly. He closes the door behind him and locks it. Which is weird to me, but I don't feel threatened by him so I think nothing of it. "I have to admit this is a surprise. I didn't think you'd ever come back." He finally says walking towards me.

I chuckle lightly, "Yeah, neither did I... But I had to... Two days ago I was told something that... shocked the living hell outta me, and for whatever reason... I couldn't keep my mind off of you." I can see a little grin appear on his lips, but he hides it by clearing his throat. This makes me genuinely smile.

After a pause Lex broke the awkward silence. "Why do you think that is Ella?" "Ella" I liked it when he said my name.

"Honestly, I don't know. And it scares me... I just wish I knew what to do... about everything. I wish I knew what was the right decision to make." I say as a single tear rolls down my caramel cheek.

"Do I make you scared?" He says taking a step closer, he sounds worried. Now he's completely towering over me. My heart is beating so fast I can hear it through my ears. I wonder if he heard it too.

"God no, I'm not afraid of you Lex... But I do know you're dangerous and that your curiosity makes you viscous sometimes. But so am I, I'm just as dangerous as you, so maybe I understand." I reply calmly.

"I would never hurt you Ell. I know you've heard stories about me. Some that might've even made you cautious of me and scared you to some exstint-"

"I know those stories are real Lex. Rumor or not... I know what men like you are capable of. I know that most of you are either blood thirsty for Money or Power. I'm not judging you... just letting you know that I know." He inhales deeply as if he's contemplating everything I said.

"You wanna have lunch?" He says catching me off guard. As if nothing had just happened. My mouth literally dropped at his sudden question. "Umm...Sure. Why not?" I reply with an awkward smile.

He walks over to his desk and dials in a number. I'm assuming that's how he communicates with his staff or office or whatever. "Susan clear my schedule for today would you."

"Yes sir."

"No Lex, you can't do that- I don't wanna inconvenience your work. I can come back-" He smiles and grabs his suit jacket.

"Fara, if were gonna be friends there's something you should know about me." He says with a seductive smirk as he towers over my small figure.

"I can do whatever I want."