Chapter 41

"I-it's Molly." I say, sobbing.
Jacob gives me a big hug as if to say it's okay.
I run away into the bedroom. I put on pajamas and go to bed.
Next morning
Today is the day me, Jacob, Molly, Colleen, and Joshua are going to the courthouse. The other day Colleen and I were talking about this and I asked if she would adopt Molly and she said yes. Kendall is staying home with the other kids and their picking Kalani up from the airport. I get dressed and do my hair. I run into Molly's room, and wake her up. I give her a bath and get her ready. Jacob is up, I hear him. I rush down stairs and pack 3 paper bags. Each has an apple, a bottle of water, and a ziplock bag with cereal. It's time to go so I put the bags in the car and go and get Jacob and Molly.
Colleen's P.O.V
I can't wait! We are in the car driving to the courthouse to adopt Molly. Mackenzie dropped off all her clothes last night. I'm wearing a sweater, jeans, and some uggs. Josh on the other hand decided to wear nike shorts, a Nike hoodie, and high tops. At least no bandanas. (People that watch their YouTube, you understand.) We have to set up Molly's room. My niece, Bailey is coming with me and Molly to choose some stuff like bed spreads and stuff. I see the courthouse, it's about 10 feet away.
Mackenzie's P.O.V
I really don't want to do this but I feel better knowing the person adopting Molly. We are finishing our bagged breakfast when we pull in the parking lot. I sigh and get out of the car. I lift up Molly and close the door. Colleen and josh are walking over and Jacobs next to me.
"Hi Colleen!" Molly says.
"Hi Molly!" Colleen says.
We walk inside, talking. Finally we get to the room. We all have a seat. Molly crawls onto Colleen. I have to sign some papers about agreeing to this. I don't agree, I don't. It's a law that's making me. Jacob signs some stuff as well. About halfway through Molly comes on my lap. Colleen and Josh sign some stuff as well. The lady is saying how they have to promise to take care of her, through something and something. Like seriously this isn't a wedding.
"By the power invested in me..."
Oh no no I don't want her to go. I hold her tightly and she kisses me on the cheek.
"Molly K Ziegler-Evans is now Molly K Evans under the new parents of Colleen and Joshua Evans."
I feel tears in my eyes. I look away. I stand up with Molly and whisper in her ear, "I love you. Never forget that." She kisses my cheek and it's time for me to hand her over. I kiss and hug her once more and she gives Jacob a big hug and kiss. I slowly hand her over to Colleen. She goes into Colleen's arms. As we are walking our separate ways to the cars Molly shouts, "NO MOMMY! NO DADDY! DON'T LEAVE ME!" I feel so bad. I run up to her and give her one more hug. Me and Jacob get to the car and I immediately cry. Everything has changed.
In the past like 6 months so much has happened.
I had one child and moved into a large house.
I had a dog named Abby.
I had another kid.
I left Jacob and went to JoJo's.
Brooke visited.
Brooke got sent to jail.
I adopted her kids.
Me and Maddie got into a fight.
I ran into Colleen.
We got lunch together.
There was a new law.
I lost my job.
I worked at a diner.
A girl at the diner inspired me.
She took it to go.
I was on Ellen.
I left Jacob for a weekend.
I got a new job instead of a waitress.
Colleen's son died.
Molly isn't my child anymore.
I have three kids now.
Everything has changed.