Chapter 20

"Brookie?!" I say as soon as I open the door. "Come on in." I say. She nods, and sits on a couch. I sit next to her, and Jake comes up to me. I pull him onto my lap, and he buries his face in my chest. "Mackenzie, I'm so sorry." She says. "I should have answered your texts and tried to keep in touch with you." "It's okay" I say, rubbing Jakes back. "Who are these Angels?" I ask, trying to change the subject. "This is Ryan, and this is Rachel." She says. "Ryan is 6 months and Rachel is 4." Rachel starts climbing onto her lap. "This is Jake, he's four and this is Molly she's six months." I say. "That's such a coincidence!" She says. "Kids, do you wanna go play?" I say. "YEAH!" Rachel screamed. "One minute" Brooke said. I nod and sit down, checking my missed texts. I notice she took Rachel and I hear a noise. I listen and I hear Brooke. She's yelling. Even though I try not to Eve's drop, I listen in. "DON'T SCREAM! THERE ARE BABIES HERE AND THIS ISN'T OUR HOUSE." "OW MOMMY THATS HOT." "I DON'T CARE." "MOMMY NEVER DO THAT AGAIN." "SHUT UP BRAT. YOU BETTER BEHAVE OR THE STICK COMES AGAIN." I hear crying and I hear the door unlock. I grab my phone, and take a picture of Molly. They soon come back in, Rachel with a tear stained face. " wanna go to the really big playroom?" I ask them. They nod, and Brooke says she needs to use the bathroom. I nod, and whisper to Rachel "I'll save you, she will not hurt you anymore." She's about to speak and Brooke comes back. The doors open,since their like the kind they have at malls, the glass sliding ones.
Brooke's P.O.V
As we walk into the playroom, I'm amazed. Tons of Apple computers sit, waiting to be used. T.V's are there, wide and ready to be used. Air hockey and other games like that are scattered around. Toys everywhere, as a child's dream. The kids run over to the tv, and Mackenzie puts bubble guppies on. The theme song starts, and I sit down.

TIME SKIP. DINNER TIME.

MACKENZIE'S P.O.V
"Hey, wanna go get food?" I ask.
"Sure" Brooke says.
"How does Italian sound?" I ask
"Of course." She says, smiling.
We get the kids in the car, and drive up to the place. I get Molly immediately and start giving her the bottle in the car. Time for my plan to start.
"Ugh I totally forgot. Someone needs Togo in and book a table."
"I'll run in. I'll call you when it's ready." Brooke offers.
"Thanks!" I say. "I'll start getting the kids out."
When she's out of distance, I put Molly back in, and drive to the parking lot across the street. I take my phone and find the number for child abuse. I dial it, and it picks up. "If you would like to report child abuse click 1." I click one immediately. It rings, and I hear a voice.
"Hi. What brings you here?"
"Well, my old friend abuses one of her kids."
"Alright what's her name?"
"Brooke Hyland-Garcia"
"Alright and where are you?"
"At bertucci's."
"Alright, police will come and take her, an orphanage will come and take them."
"Thanks."
"Have a nice day."
"WAIT!"
"Yes?"
"There are two kids. I want to adopt both."
"Okay, the papers will come when the orphanage comes."
"Thank you."
My phone rings. It's Brooke. I pick up. "Hi, the tables ready." "Ok". I hang up, and get the kids. We walk on over and I see police cars. Brooke's getting pulled away from bertucci's. I hear her screaming "NO I HAVE KIDS YOU CANT DO THIS." She gets put in the back of the cop car and they drive away.
"Where's mommy going?" Rachel asks.
"She's going to jail." I say.
"Why?" She says, curiously.
"Because she hurt you." I explain.
Some more cars pull up.
"Hi, these are the forms." A lady says, handing me paper.
I sign them all and give them to her.