thirty five.

Cristina's POV

I woke up to a soft heartbeat in my ear. My left hand is carefully placed on Harry's bare chest, mindlessly tracing his sparrow tattoos. I hear the thud of his heart in my right ear and slowly wake up. My lips curve into a smile against his warm skin and I feel him noticing as he hums slightly, sending a wave a vibrations across his body, hitting my cheek. 

"Morning." He rasps in his tempting morning voice. His accent is always thickest in the morning, and it's my absolute favorite. Just to think a few months ago I only saw him as some bad boy asshole, and now I'm in bed with him, but unfortunately clothed. 

"Morning." I chirp back. He grins as well, and I tighten my grip around his torso. "What's the plan for today?" I ask him. 

"Well, I'm going to check first thing with Harrison on any leads on Katie and the girls. Liam, Louis and I are breaking into the precinct tonight." He explains. 

"I'm coming with." I say automatically. 

"No." He says quickly back. 

"You can't stop me. Do you want me to break through another door?" I tease. 

A trace of a smirk appears quickly in his stolid expression, but vanishes as quick as it came. 

"You're staying here, even if I have to drug you." He says angrily and gets up abruptly. 

Bipolar bastard. 

I ignore his sudden hostility, not wanting it to ruin my mood. I roll out of the covers and slip on some yoga pants and a concert t-shirt. 

I walk out into the kitchen while Harry showers, and gasp when I see Niall sitting there. 

"Hey." I mumble, testing the waters. 

His blue eyes perk up, suddenly startled at my presence.

"Hi." He says, his voice finally not strained from crying. 

"How are you?" I ask stupidly. 

"A little better." He says, content with his answer. 

"Today's the day, Niall. We're gonna get her soon." I say with as much hope as I can muster. 

He nods gratefully and sips his coffee. 

The doorbell rings, breaking the silence that quickly fell between us. 

I furrow my eyebrows and my heart rate spikes, not knowing who could be at the door this early in the morning. 

I walk over to the door hastily, and close my right eye as I look through the peephole. 

A sigh of relief parts my lips when I see the mailman. 

I open the door and he quickly hands me the stack of envelopes and hurries away. 

Confused again, I ignore it and bring the mail into the kitchen. 

I find a pink envelope addressed to Niall, Louis and Harry and hand it to him. 

"This is weird." He says, his Irish accent also thick. 

"HARRY! LOUIS! GET YOUR ARSES IN HERE!" He yells from his seat. 

To my surprise, they both come in, although Harry comes in in only a towel hanging low on his waist, water to glistening on his skin. I find my breath hitching in my throat and I avert my eyes. 

"What is it, Ni?" Harry presses gently. 

"There's a letter addressed to me, you and Lou." Niall explains, handing the letter to Louis who hasn't said a word yet.