twenty.

Harry freezes at his sister's name, and Matt knits his eyebrows together. "How is she? Still beautiful, I would assume." My brother smiles. 

Harry is yet to say a word, deep in thought. I just look at him and patient wait for him to answer. 

"Gemma," He starts and struggles to say her name, as if it's a foreign word on his tongue. "She, well- after our parents died, she kind of fell off the deep end. I haven't seen her in years. I think she's in France right now." Harry tells him. 

"You mean you haven't seen her? I remember her talking about how much she missed you. I even thought you were dead for a while. So when I saw you, I just assumed you had seen her because you've come back- or something." Matt guesses. 

"No. I haven't." Harry says shortly. Matt picks up on his tone, and thankfully drops the subject. 

"So, why are you here?" He asks Harry. 

"He's a friend of mi-" 

"We're kind of together." Harry cuts me off. 

"Kind of?" Matt questions. 

"Yeah, labels really aren't our thing. Anyway, I just wanted him to meet you." I smile. 

"Let's just start over. I'm Harry." He says and extends his hand. My brother happily shakes it and grins up at him. 

"You break her heart, I'll kick your ass." He says seriously. 

"As would I, if I were in your position." Harry agrees. 

"Well, not that we've gotten that all sorted out, wanna get me a burger? You know all about this shitty hospital food." Matt groans. 

"Sure. We'll go to the place across the street." I tell him and with that, Harry and  leave the room. 

I run into Arizona before we reach the elevator, and a look of sadness and empathy falls over her face. 

"Dr. Robbins, you know how I feel about that look." I warn. 

"And you know how I feel about you calling me Dr. Robbins." She retorts. 

She gives me a warm hug. "How are you? You must be going through hell. I couldn't even imagine. I checked in with the police about your mom, and they don't have any leads yet." She tells me. 

"It's funny, because I figured out that she was the one who stopped at the police station before she ran away, and testified that my step father never laid a hand on me." I say, crossing my arms over my chest, while both Arizona's and Harry's jaws drop. 

"Oh my god." "Fuck." Harry and Arizona say at the same time, and I giggle at Arizona's disapproving look due to Harry's language. 

"Just a regular day at the office." I joke. She rubs the top of my back and pulls me in for another hug. 

"You know the drill, if you need anything, anything at all, you call me or Owen or April or anyone here." She offers sweetly. 

"Will do. See you later." I wave goodbye and step into the elevator. The doors close and Harry holds his hands behind his back. 

"You know, this elevator is a notorious hook up spot." I tease. 

He cocks an eyebrow and looks over at me. "Is it now?" He says, turning to face me. 

He whips his hands out from behind him and quickly places them on hips, swiftly presses my back against the wall of the elevator. 

"I suppose we wouldn't want to miss out on all the fun, then." He whispers, his face not even an inch from my own.