sixteen.

I spend the next month or so either at Harry's or the precinct. The police obviously called me in for questioning, and I told them everything. Every little thing he did, every time he hit or touched me. The trial went smoothly and I got the last laugh as he walked into this 30 year sentence and a restraining order. 

Once that was all over, I decided to focus on school, and tennis season was rapidly approaching. I went down to a local club and hit there four days a week, while balancing schoolwork. Niall hits with me a lot, he's actually not bad. 

I've been seeing Katie and Dan a lot too, as friends. It helps, because it kind of saved me the heartache. Our breakup really felt mutual. Harry has been so incredibly nice to me I swear it's not actually him. Some nights he sneaks into my room at 4am, and other nights I have nightmares and sneak into his bed. 

The past week or so, we've just decided to sleep in the same bed, just for each other's comfort. 

Harry is still dealing with some serious emotional pain, I would have to say it has a lot to do with remembering Gemma. He must be dying to contact her, but he's afraid. Of course he wouldn't want to bring her into this life. 

On the other hand, I, have dived head first into it. Louis has been teaching me how to shoot a gun, which is not at easy as it looks. Plus he likes to make fun of me all the time. I remember one time we we're practicing on a dummy, and I fired three shots, Louis looming over my shoulder. 

One of them hit the right part of the abdomen, one of them the right eye, and the last hit the groin. "Not the baby maker!" He cried out. I playfully hit him, and threatened to knee his "baby maker". He eyes widened and I reloaded my gun. 

I'm also learning hand-to-hand combat. I usually spar with Harry, since he insisted that I can't wear just a sports bra and spandex shorts in front of the other boys. I've been trying to fight back my father of years, and I learned a few things that work, and few things that don't.  

Yesterday I landed a successful, angry punch to Harry's jaw, actually causing him to fall. Of course feeling bad, I apologized profusely and he just told me it didn't hurt, and it was "rather hot". 

I'm not going to lie to myself about it, my feelings for Harry have skyrocketed this past month. My once hatred for him took a 180 degree turn, certainly giving my hormones whiplash. 

I have a few reoccurring dreams. The one in the hospital, where Harry and I both die, there's another, where we are both shot on our wedding day, and one good one, which consists of prom night and double dates with Katie and Niall. 

Harry has some too, but I think we've always been afraid to ask each other about them. As if they are a line neither of us want to cross. 

My eyes slowly open to find a shirtless Harry sleeping next to me, his single tatted arm carelessly draped over my torso. I smile at little, and I watch him and my mind constantly wonders if my feelings for him are returned. 

"Take a picture, babe. It will last longer." He says in his hot morning voice. 

"Sorry." I blush furiously. 

"It's okay, I find it endearing, actually." He says with his eye still closed. 

He opens his eyes, and looks at me, waiting for me to return the gaze. I finally look over, his steady emerald eyes never leaving mine, and he slowly leans in, and stops, just centimeters away from my lips.

I'm not sure if he wants me to close the gap, as if it were a validation of our mutual feelings, but I'm scared as shit. What if I'm not ready? What if it's bad? Oh my god I have morning breath!