fourteen.

"Pick it up." Harry tells me. 

Still surprised that he's calling me, I slowly move my thumb across the bottom of my phone and put it to my ear. 

"Hello?" I say as pleasantly as I can. 

"Oh, Cristina, dear. Please come over as soon as you can. There's something wrong with Danny, and he won't talk to me. He said he will only talk to you. So if you're not busy, come please." Dan's mother begs me. 

"Of course, I'm on my way." I tell her and hang up. 

"I'm sorry to have to cut this short-" 

"No, nope. No problem at all. He's your boyfriend, you should be there for him." Harry snaps. 

"Um, okay." I say and stand up. 

Harry picks the blanket up and begins walking around the back of the car to put it away. 

Fast enough we are on the road and this time is silence is slightly more awkward. I grow tired and decide to break it. "He took a life, because of me. For me. That scares the hell out of me. It makes me think my feelings for him are incomparable to his for me." I say. 

"You shouldn't feel bad about the way you feel about him. You can't help it, I mean for him, he might think you're the love of his life. You might not feel the same way, and that's perfectly okay and normal. It happens." Harry comforts. 

"But he has made the ultimate sacrifice for me, something that I will never do for him or repay him for. And that's what makes me feel so awful." I admit. 

"Whether you ever do the same for him, or ever feel the same for him, I promise you that he won't regret it. He knows why he did it and he's okay with it. He loves you all the same, and he'll be just fine." He tells me. 

"He's been such an important part of my life for so long, I honestly feel a little obligated when is comes to him. Like I owe him." I say. 

"That's no good. Listen I'm going to ask you a few questions and you have to answer them within two seconds and completely honestly, alright?" He says. 

"Okay." 

"Do you love him as your significant other?" 

"I think so."

"Does he make you happy?"

"Most of the time." 

"Why aren't you happy sometimes?" 

"Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped." 

"Why?"

"Because I am afraid to leave him." 

"Why would you want to leave him? You said you love him?" 

I hesitate. Because I might have feelings for someone else.

"I-I don't know."

"There's the lie. You do know, but you don't want to tell me." He smirks. 

I sigh and sink back into my seat. 

"It's alright, I was kind of grilling you." He says. 

"It's okay, I really need to reevaluate my relationship with him anyway." I huff. 

We pull back into Harry's driveway shortly after I say that and he takes the key out of the ignition. 

"See you in class, nerd." He grins. 

"See you." I wave him off and get into my own car. I drive out of Harry's neighborhood and head for my familiar one. 

I soon find Dan's house and park out front. I park and lock my car as I head for the door. I ring the doorbell and after a few seconds Dan's Mom opens the door with a very worried look resting on her face.