twenty four.

"Fuck." I hear Harry mutter. 

"I'll deal with them." Louis says from the driver's seat. Harry nods at him and rests my head in his lap. He pushes his long fingers through my hair, while rubbing my back. 

"H-he's alive, Harry. And he doesn't know us. W-what h-happened?" I stutter, desperately trying to stop my sobs. 

"I know, babe. I'm so sorry. Alex wiped his fucking memory. Made him the perfect soldier." He replies, shock still evident in his voice. 

"He called him Rob." I state. 

"I'm not really surprised that Alex changed his name. I wouldn't even be surprised is he told him they were related." He says, his voice distant. 

"We're going to run into him again." I realize, my voice dripping with fear and sadness. 

"I know. We'll be ready. We can try to reason with him, maybe bring some his memories back." Harry encourages. I squeeze his hand in appreciation and he kisses the back of my head. 

"No sir, this is my grandma's house, and I am house-sitting for her. That's why we're here." Louis argues outside the car. 

"I got a call saying there were gunshots." The officer says, annoyed. "Yes, you probably did. We were shooting rifles in the backyard at some targets." Louis lies. 

"Why are there cuts on your face then, huh?" The cop asks shortly. 

"One might say I can be a sassy son of a bitch." Louis says, an amused edge to his tone. 

The cop doesn't laugh, though and takes a step past him. "Mind if I take a look in your car?" He asks, although it doesn't seem like a question as he runs his finger along the side on the vehicle. 

"I don't think you want to do that. I'm pretty sure my friend's about to lose his virginity in the back seat." Louis jokes, unbeknownst to the cop, who looks horrified. I can't help but snicker a bit. 

"Asshole." Harry mumbles. 

"Why don't you tell them the NYPD is asking for them?" The cop challenges. 

"With all due respect, don't you need a warrant or something? We've done nothing wrong here." Louis says, getting annoyed. 

"I have a feeling that that's not true. Open the door." He commands. Louis huffs and does as he's told know that he's not actually going to find anything in the car anyway. 

I have already say up, trying to look as innocent as possible. I cross my legs and Harry and I are a foot apart and both on our phones when the door opens. 

The officer looks at me first, and then Harry, his unwavering, careful gaze lingering on him. An epiphany lights up the cop's eyes and he grins. 

"Well, if it isn't the infamous Harry Styles. I haven't seen you in a while, son! Where've you been? How did you manage escaping from jury again?" He asks, mocking him. 

I suck in a breath at the newfound information, but an unfazed look continues to rest on Harry's features. 

"Maybe I decided to get my head out of my ass, unlike you." Harry snaps. 

"You watch you tone with me, you son of a bitch. One slip and I'll have you behind real bars." He warns, the fake smile dropping from his face. 

"You'd have to have a brain, to catch me. Not that I'm doing anything wrong, of course." Harry replies smoothly. 

"Alright, dick. Out of the car." The officer spits. 

"Why? If you touch me, I will not hesitate to kick your ass." Harry tells him.