seven.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Katie says. "I make out with one hot guy and now my life is in danger?" Katie says laughing, but she's not amused. Niall take a seat next to her and rubs her back. 

"I need to call Dan." I mumble and walk into the other room. I take my phone out of my pocket and see a very cracked screen, but 46 messages and 21 missed phone calls from Dan. "Shit." I whisper. 

I slide my thumb across my phone to unlock it, but I slice my thumb open instead. "Fuck!" I yell louder than I wanted to. Harry walks in with a confused look on his face. I frown and hold up my thumb, which blood is currently pouring out of. 

"Oh thank god. I thought you were having phone sex or something. Come on, let's get you band aid." He says relieved and shows me the bathroom down the hallway. He reaches up to a cabinet that is slightly taller than him, causing his shirt to lift up revealing his toned stomach. He gets the bandages and I look away. 

"Alright, here you are." He says, handing me the giant box of bandages. 

"Thanks." I say and place the bandage over my cut. "You know, I never really did get an answer." I tell him. 

"Neither did I." He retorts. 

"Fair enough. Let's just forget about it, yeah?" I ask. 

"Maybe. But I have a feeling I will find out anyway." He says smugly. 

"Oh really? Will you now?" I say giggling. 

"You bet your bum I will." He says with his thick British accent. "Did you ever live in London?" I ask him. 

"Close. I lived in Holmes Chapel when I was a kid for a while. I think we moved when I was ten. It was right before my parents died." He confides. 

"I never apologized about that, I'm very sorry. That's an awful thing for a kid to go through." I tell him sincerely. 

"Yeah, it's alright. To be honest I never even loved them. I enjoyed the idea of them before I could understand what was happening, but looking back, I'm better without them." He says coldly. 

"I can't pretend to understand, so I won't. I loved my father, he's the only man I ever loved. Might be the only man I ever will love." I sigh. 

"What about loverboy?" Harry asks. 

"Dan? I don't know, he's been in my life for so long as one of my best friends. To be perfectly honest I'm having a hard time seeing him another way." I admit. 

"Do you think you could? Love him, I mean." Harry questions. 

"I hope so, he's really a good guy, you know? The kind of guy girls like me don't deserve." I answer. 

"What makes you think you are undeserving of that dude? You're way out of his league." Harry tells me. 

"Have you seen him?" I ask in disbelief. Dan is undoubtedly one of the hottest guys I have ever seen. Tall, muscular, blue eyes, down to earth but charming. He's practically a Ken doll. 

Harry laughs. "Sorry, you're not a girl, I don't expect you to get it." I laugh back.

"I'm just saying that what he feels for you like classic puppy love." Harrys states. 

"Listen, if I don't fully understand his feelings for me yet I'm damn sure you don't so don't be so quick to judge." I warn. 

"I need to call him, and my phone is shattered. The glass must've hit it or something. Can I borrow yours to call him?" I ask. 

"I would, love, but I don't think he would be pleased if he finds out you're calling from my phone, after he finds out that you cut class with me." Harry says smartly.