Ch 7: The Visit

*Camila's POV*

Before she hung up the phone last night she gave me her address and told me to text her when I was leaving Dinah's house. I woke up the next morning with Ally's head nuzzled into my neck with her arms and legs wrapped around me protectively, Dinah and Normani's head on my back with their arms comfortably wrapped around my waist, and Pia's head at my feet hugging my legs. I was wrapped in a human blanket of love, these girls have been with me through everything, they stuck by my side when no one else would, helped me up when I fell or when someone pushed me down, held my hand when I was scared, like now. I love these girls, I would die for them and they would die for me.

I stayed in this position for another thirty minutes before Pia woke up, waking the other girls wake up as well. "EWWW! OH MY GOD!! WAS I SLEEPING LIKE THIS THE WHOLE NIGHT!" Pia yelled, pushing my legs away from her face. "Pia shut up. It's too early for your shit." Dinah said as she reached over my body and hit Pia with a pillow. "Morning Mila." Ally said, smiling into my neck. "I slept like a baby." "Yeah because you got to cuddle with someone. I was hugging her feet." Pia said to Ally. Dinah woke Normani up, placing light kisses all over Normani's face until she started to giggle. They just got together recently, so they were still in the cuddly cutsie stage. "So, what's the plan for today guys?" Pia asked while she toasted some bread for our breakfast. "Um. W-well I kinda n-need to tell you guys something. Uh, last night when you guys fell asleep I was um, kinda sad so I texted Lauren a-and, uh, now she knows that I'm the person that's been texting her, and she said she would take me to the hospital to see Austin this morning." Dinah furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me before she smiled and said "Well then what the heck are you waiting for? Go get changed, I'm sure Normani knows where Lauren's house is. We can drop you off at her house, then the rest of us can go watch a movie to give you some time alone with Austin, and we'll see you at the hospital later."

C: hey :)

L: Good morning Camz. Hope you don't mind me calling you that

C: yeah its fine its something different, i like it

L: So what you up to??

C: waiting for the girls to finish getting ready then Normani is gonna drop me off at ur house then the girls are gonna watch a movie at meet us at the hospital later on. i told them about last night

L: Did Normani know you were texting me before?? Like before you got up

C: no. i got your number from Dinah who asked Normani for it, but none of them knew until this morning

L: Oh.. Well I guess I'll see you when you get here

~O~

*Lauren's POV*

"Well, uh. I-we should get going if we wanna beat the traffic. A-and you guys don't wanna be late to your movie do you?" I said as I opened the passenger door to my car waiting for Camila to get in. She walked over to her friends and told the all, individually, bye, before walking over to me and giving a weak smile before getting into my car. The ride to the hospital was as awkward as the greeting. I looked over at me every once in awhile to see if she was ok, and a few times I tried to talk to her, but she would just glare at me and shoot down any attempts I made to start a conversation. I don't think she meant to be rude, she just has a lot going on in her head that she's trying to figure out. I saw a tear roll down her cheek so I put my hand in hers, letting her know that I was here for her, then it wasn't so awkward and comfortable silence fell until we got to the hospital.

From the parking lot all the way to Austin's room, I never let go of her hand. I opened the car door for her and helped her out, we walk our way to the entrance of the hospital, but stop just in front of the sliding doors, it was like her body frozen. I let go of her hand and grabbed her face so that she would look at me, but I didn't say anything until she looked me in the eye. "Camila. I'll be right here by your side through this whole thing. I'm not going anywhere, and if you wanna leave now and come back later then we can. I'm down to do whatever you wanna do. Okay?" "Yeah. Can we just get this over with. I don't know how much longer I'll make it without crying." We walked through the doors and straight to the front desk to ask if we could see Austin. The nurse stood up and ushered us to Austin's room, 243, she gave us a nod and a weak smile before walking away. Camila took a step closer to me and grabbed my hand before walking into the room.

*Austin's POV*

From what I've heard, I've been in a coma for two weeks, but I can only remember the past two days, and apparently someone attacked me. The last thing I remember before blacking out was sitting at home alone, then going outside to smoke the other half of my joint that I used the day before. Everything before and after that is totally blank, I think I remember my parent's names, and I know that my name is Austin Mahone and it's 2015, but I don't know what day or month it is. For the two days that I've been up I tried blinking, opening my eyes, wiggling my toes, wiggling my fingers, moving my fingers, lips, legs, and arms, but nothing worked. Today a girl was here to visit me, she must have been one of my friends, or maybe even my girlfriend, hell if I know, she never said her name, all she said was, "Hey Austin, it's me again." Then she went on talking about her day and how she was going to sleep over at her friend's house and that she might be back tomorrow but she wasn't sure.

This is the third day that my mind has been awake, but my body is unresponsive and it's pretty annoying. Nothing changed besides my blood pressure, I only know that it's changed is because a nurse came in earlier and said so, it's probably because I've been trying to open my eyes all morning, but couldn't get them to open. I heard the door open and two sets of feet walk over to my bed, and one of them held my hand, one of the body's spoke, it was the same girl from yesterday. "Hey Austin, it's me again. Oh and Lauren." Don't know who that is, but her name is Lauren so she's probably very attractive. "Camila, I don't wanna be rude or anything, but how do you know he can hear you, or if he even remembers you." Ok, so Camila came yesterday, but her name doesn't ring a bell. Camila sighed before she spoke again, saying, "I don't know, I just have hope that he does." Screw this I need to get my eyes open and my body moving, like yesterday. I try to squeeze the girl's hand, but nothing happened, so I try moving my eyes up and down, but nothing again. This time I try moving my eyes side-to-side and squeezing the girl's hand at the same time. I feel my pointer finger move against her hand, then feel my eyes slowly beginning to move. "HOLY SHIT! Lauren, he just squeezed m- OH MY GOD! Lauren look at his eyes, he's trying to open them." "I'll go get a nurse." I could hear Lauren run out of the room then, BAM! My eyes are open and staring into familiar teary brown ones.

"Hey sleepy head" Camila said with a smile. I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. "It's okay, you shouldn't try to say anything yet, you haven't had any liquids go down your throat in two we-" Before she can finish a nurse and doctor come in and escort her out of the room and tell the girls that they should go home because I probably won't be able to have any visitors for the next few days because they need to run some tests and then the police will be here to take my statement. Before they leave Camila asks when they think I'll be released and the doctor tells her I could be out in three days, or three weeks, depending on how my test results come back.