"Why are you here?"

Her sudden question brought his eyes back from scanning her body to her face.

"I live here ,Rose" he said with a calm and composed smile on his face.

Rose sported a blind eye towards this handsome man in front of her. He had changed so much. Strong sculpted jaws, neatly trimmed stubble that spread evenly over his jaws, and so much more. He was all man. But she let her anger take control.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She whispered trying her best to control her emotions.

"Why are you taking away my house?"

He sighed and looked into her eyes that were filled with pain.

"I never knew that it belonged to you Rose, I c---"

"Roseanne, call me Roseanne" she said with pure anger and loathing towards him.

He narrowed his eyes at her, but obliged to her demand.

"I came to know that you were here only when I saw you that night at your house . .Roseanne." he said with an emotionless face while he kept observing her with great intensity.

He waited for her to say something but she did not reply to his words.

"I am glad that I found you. I.. missed you. I've been searching for y---"

Before he could complete his sentence Rose stepped forward and slapped him right across his cheeks with all the strength she could gather up. His head tilted towards the side and his own anger started bubbling up inside him.

He closed his eyes and clenched his jaws trying to control his rage. He straightened his face and narrowed his eyes at her while he gritted his teeth. No one dared to raise their voice against him and get away with it. But yet, this lady in front of him was an exception. She was the one who held his heart and he would take this from her, because he was the one at fault, leaving her all alone when she needed him the most all those years back.

"Don't say that again. Just don't. You are pathetic Mr.Alexander. You don't fucking miss me. You don't."

Rose shouted at him while she jabbed her finger at his chest. She started crying uncontrollably and her tear stained face indicated her broken heart and soul.

"If you missed me, you wouldn't have taken ten fucking years to find me. You wouldn't have acted like a piece of shit when-----"

"Enough" his voice boomed through the walls of the room which made her abruptly stop her words.

"Don't talk to me that way Roseanne."

"Or else what? . . Will you break me? What more is left in me to break Alexander? You took away all of me. You did not leave any piece of me even for myself." She said as her voice sank into a painful whisper.

His heart broke into pieces at her words. It was all because of him. He destroyed her heart and the guilt was eating him up since all these years.

"I will fix you." He said after a few minutes of silence.

She looked into his green eyes that were filled with regret and laughed sarcastically.

"Fix, Are you going to fix me?"

He gulped and stood silently watching her broken form. He has never felt so helpless before. It was only her, only Roseanne Hart could make him feel this way.

"You can never. " she whispered back looking at him.

"I am not able to fix myself from the damage caused, how will you do it?"

"I will. I will fix the pieces of your soul that I shattered." He said while he took a step closer to her.
She dint move an inch and was again caught by his strong green orbs that radiated some kind of assurance and promise.

"I will fix your heart." He said and brought his hands to her face wiping away the tears that continued to fall from her eyes. She did not protest this time and just stared into his eyes.

"I will mend your broken heart.. I will give you all of me, Rose. . Give me a chance, a small place in your heart. Let me be your old Alex,let me love you. I want to love you the way you loved---"

He abruptly stopped when she shook her head side to side.

"No . . " she said with her eyes cast down. She couldn't belive the words that came out of his mouth. She had always wanted to hear those words from him back when they were kids, but not now.

"I can't do this. I can't try anymore.." she said moving backwards.

She wanted to go back home, curl into a ball and sleep away the pain. This day brought ber the biggest surpruse of her life and she could not handle it. She wanted to wipe away this day from her memory forever.She abruptly turned towards the door wanting to get away from Alexander. But the words that left his mouth made her abruptly stop dead in her tracks.

"Would you try, if we are bound to get married?"

-------------------------

Hello my lovely people. :)

I wish you all a very HAPPY and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!!
May this year bring you all the happiness and joy.
Am extremely sorry for the delay.
I hope you all liked the chapter.
Please let me know what you all felt about this chapter. Please?
I would really love to know your opinion.

Thank you for waiting patiently for the update and thank you for all the love and support.

I love you all.

Vote, comment and enjoy.

Until the next update,
INSPIRE19.