Chapter 18

Naruto looked up from her book when the loud squeals emitted from the fangirls. She looked towards the boards on the edge of the pool and saw her boyfriend getting onto it. He looked in her direction. No one stood near her as no one wanted to be associated with the freak that is apparently blackmailing their precious Sasuke Uchiha into being her personal servant. Sasuke winked flirtatiously at Naruto, earning screams of disapproval and daggers being glared towards the Namikaze-Uzumaki heiress, before pulling on his googles to hide his eye roll. Sasuke readied himself and when he heard the signal, he dived into the water gracefully.
Naruto smiled as she looked back down at her book and flipped to a clean page before she started sketching. Her and Sasuke together, at a place she has dreamed of visiting when they got married but Sasuke wouldn't give her the time of the day. He had hated her and shunned her after all, they hadn't talk to each other for at least 3 years. It might have been more but she has been too upset she lost count. She hadn't thought that anything would wreck their lifelong friendship but she was in fact proven wrong when the rumour started circulating and the Uchiha started growing suspicious and ended up believing the rumour. She really wanted to know why he believed the rumour. Her best friend was a very strong-minded person, he wouldn't waver if he knows that Naruto would never betray him. What made him change his mind? Who started the rumour? Who was so cruel into shattering such a cherished friendship? Someone is so hell-bent on destroying them... destroying her, ruining her mentality and her life. It made her cry herself to sleep every night at the start when reality started sinking in that Sasuke didn't treated her with enough trust and that he rather believe others than her. She had suffered dearly when her body started feeling the continuous strain daily. It had started making her starve herself just to feel the pain, she felt like she deserved it. She must have done something wrong. That had been her train of thoughts up until even now.
Sasuke not being with her had her feeling like a part of her just disintegrated. Gone. Dead. All her friends started shunning her was the start of her breaking point. She died everyday waiting for him. She was getting tired of waiting. She had actually collapsed from this during the time when Sasuke and everyone else was shunning her. Her body started shutting down and she almost died from it. After the whole kidnapping incident, she couldn't get her enthusiastic personality back. It was just so difficult when she knew her body had tried shutting down again... It was also difficult when you have to let the very person who caused everyone to shun you in. It was true that she had been making an effort to try get him to warm up to her but she had already expected it not to work.
It has already been 2 weeks since she returned to school in a wheelchair. No one thought she was actually a paraplegic. They just simply assumed she was trying to get the Uchiha's attention. Sasuke had been the first one to finish and as he was getting out to towel himself dry, the fangirls swamped him. Everyone froze when they heard a scream that was abruptly cut off which accompanied a splash and someone struggling in the water. Sasuke looked over to see two boys and two girls standing near where Naruto's wheelchair was and Naruto wasn't in her wheelchair... SHIT!!!!!!
Sasuke immediately ran towards her direction and dived into the water. When he reached her, she had almost started calming down from the initial panic. Sasuke held her as she started calming down and gently brought themselves back to the edge of the pool. He carried her out before lifting himself up and quickly went to retrieve his spare towel to wrap Naruto. She was shaking violently as she kept her head hung, whispers could clearly be heard. Sasuke could hear her sniffling and she was wiping at her eyes violently. "Its okay." Sasuke whispered, pulling her into an embrace. Sasuke glared at the four teens guilty of the deed before turning her Naruto's bodyguards who had entered when they heard a familiar voice screaming and when they had been keeping on eye on her through the CCTV whilst she had dismissed them and asked them to take a break. Sasuke gestured for them to deal with the troublemakers. "Keep your hands off me! We did nothing wrong!"
"You did nothing wrong huh?" one of the guards asked coolly as he plucked out his phone and tapped on it for a bit before turning it around to show security footage of when Sasuke was swamped by his fans, the four had snuck up to Naruto, they yanked Naruto from her wheelchair and flung her into the swimming pool. The fangirls had been a mere distraction for the act to be carried out. Sasuke picked up the silently sobbing girl and carried her out whilst pushing the wheel chair with his body. They are going to pay for hurting my Naruto.