Chapter 8

Naruto texted Sasuke and then texted Gaara telling him to not wait for her as she is leaving. She left without looking back, seemingly she hadn't noticed the Uchihas. "I suppose we are lucky we are not spotted." Mikoto commented, having mixed feelings when Naruto didn't look in their direction at all, not knowing they are there. "Why is that?" Fugaku asked.
"It would be so awkward! How are suppose to start a conversation? Be like 'hi, sorry for eavesdropping.' And then what?"
"I suppose you're right but I mean, it's Naruto, she can always think of a conversation starter." Fugaku replied as they continued their journey towards the coarse, all still musing over the conversation and revelations that happened just then.

Naruto chatted with Ken about what had happened and why he left. Ken was surprised at how he felt so at eased with the blond that he can easily answer her questions without feeling judged or untrustworthy. Naruto then drove them both back to the mansion where her mom immediately tackled him into a hug before whacking him over the head with the spatula she was holding onto and then she started ranting and ranting. Naruto had to stop her from continuing so she would calm down and focus on one thing at a time. Like for example, her cooking. 

During the weekends, Mikoto forced the both of them to go out for a family outing. Girls all screamed when they saw Itachi and Sasuke but their screams turned into weak glares they thought were strong at the sight of Naruto walking with them. Naruto was wearing a skirt with a slightly oversized sweater that made her look beautiful and adorable. Her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail that managed to look good despite being messy. Her heels were pretty high but despite that, she has shown that she was capable of walking normally and not look awkward. Naruto had tried to hide her flinch when she was on the receiving end of the glares. Fugaku sent a glare at them and some backed off a little. Mikoto was about to make Sasuke do something to show them Naruto belonged with them. But Naruto had turned around abruptly, a smile gracing her lips. "Do you guys wanna go to a coffee shop? I happen to know there is an amazing one near-" Naruto cut herself off when she heard a scream along with the screeching of tyres and a loud splash, sounding like something fell into the water. A car. They were walking along the pier so the water was pretty deep. They all rushed to see if someone would resurface. No. Naruto dropped her bag and ripped off her heels without a second thought and her sweater to reveal a heat tech under. She chucked the white sweater onto the sandy and dirty ground beside her heels and dived into the water. Everyone waited in nervousness as they waited for the girl to resurface.
Naruto swam quickly down and spotted the car. Her lung capacity is pretty big and she knew how to control her breathing so she can last for just enough to get everyone out. Naruto tugged at the car door but it wouldn't budge. Damn, the pressure on the inside and the outside of the car is different. Naruto cursed as she thought through how to get them out. She gestured for them to try winding down the window, hoping it would budge a it so the water could fill the car quicker so the pressure inside and out of the car is equalised. She gestured for the panicking people to wait and hold their breaths as the car fills. When it did, Naruto yanked the door open and gestured for them to start swimming up.
Everyone started cheering when people broke out from the water surface. "Where's the blond girl?" Itachi asked hurriedly as he helped one of them up. "She was right behind us, wait where's Sora?"
"She must have gone back for Sora." The woman dripping with salty water gasped in realisation.
"Who's sora?"
"Our five year old girl."
Naruto looked around one last time after having a gut feeling tell her to do so. She was surprised when she saw a little girl unconscious, her self belt unbuckled but it was held limply in her tiny fingers. Naruto grabbed the girl quickly and swam a quickly as she could to the surface, she felt herself dying for air. Naruto's ears registered cheering as she emerged but she pushed that away as she laid the girl down and started doing the checks for heartbeat and breathing. Faint heartbeat. Not breathing. Naruto started administration of CPR. Being gentler, seeing as it was a little girl she was dealing with. The child's ribs wouldn't be able to withstand the pressure an adult can. "Go through my bag, look for my phone and look through my contacts. Look for hospital, then tell them to prepare a room. This child could possibly have suffered injuries from that. My best guess is a slight crack in the rib bone when the belt jerked back and held her in place." Naruto ordered seriously and Mikoto, being closest to the bag as she was holding it looked for it.
"Why don't we just call an ambulance?"
"Not quick enough. I can get the closest hospital to prepare a room. It's just across the road." Naruto said as she let out a breath of relief when the girl started coughing out water. Naruto ran a hand on the girl's back, a slight glow encasing her hand as it eased the girl's discomfort. Naruto was speaking to her gently as she picked her up. She jerked her head for the family to come along, the Uchihas followed along. Naruto was walking like it was normal to walk barefooted across the jagged and sharp roads, she could have possibly stepped on something that could pierce the skin of her foot.
She's so serious... She has so much authority around her. Everyone here is listening to her without hesitation.