Chapter 42

*3 Years Later*

Meagan's POV

I haven't heard from Kalin in over 3 years. I've spent the last three years moving in and out of my friend Kaydince's house and also looking for a house with Chris. Yes. Chris and I are dating now even though, he has a little girl named, Gracey. He lost custody of Gracey due to his drinking. I've met her a couple of times but not much. We've been dating for a little over 2 years. There have been a few times where he has drank to much and abused me. He has apologized for all of them and I forgave him. I still play volleyball frequently. I play for an advanced team who plays year round. From what I have heard, Kalin and Camila are not together. Aaliyah is pregnant with her second child which is a girl and we are having a baby shower for her pretty soon. Her and Myles already got married.

It was around 6:00,"Hey babe welcome home." I say to Chris as he walks in the door.

He walks over and kisses my forehead. He immediately walks over to the bedroom with a bottle of whiskey and I don't see him for the rest of the night.

To be honest, Chris and I don't have the best relationship there is but it works.

*Fast Forward to Baby Shower*

I was getting ready for the baby shower when I get a phone call from Aaliyah.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey bae. Um I forgot to mention this but Kalin supposed to be here tonight. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you sooner." She says.

"Ok?" I say laughing a little.

"Ok? That's it?" She asks.

"Yeah Aaliyah. I'm in a happy relationship and we trust eachother enough to be loyal. It'll be fine." I say.

"Okay." She says.

"Ok well I'll see you in a little bit." I say.

"Ok love ya bye!" She says.

I hang up and finish getting dressed.

I wore a black, flowy tank top with a floral color bando underneath it. For bottoms, I wore high-waisted, light washed, torn, denim shorts. For my shoes I wore regular black sandals and my toes were painted coral orange.

For makeup, I did a black smokey eye and winged eyeliner. For my hair I beach-curled it.

I waited for Chis to get home so I could take the car.

He came home way later than I thought. When he walked in, his hair was messed up and his tie was undone.

"Hey Hon, where have you been?" I say before seeing him,"What the hell happened to you?" I say.

"Nothing. Leave me alone." He says.

I could smell perfume and see red lipstick on his neck,"Were you cheating on me?" I ask with tears eyes.

He picks me up and pushes me against the wall with his hands tightly around my neck. I couldn't breathe,"She was way better then you ever were." He says with a stern look on his face.