A Touch of Insanity(A Jeff The Killer x Reader Love Story)

Chapter 1

It was a warm sunny day, well it was Sunday. I could hear the birds chirping happily outside. I have never bend fond of the outside so it was unlikely to find me walking out there. Not like I hate it, I just don't find joy in activities such as that.

The sun was shining through my windows and it was hitting the screen of my computer which made it slightly hard to see what I was doing at the moment. It was pretty much just typing a couple of things that I needed to get done through the day, I was always the first one to ever get up and work on things around the house. I always enjoyed the silence that I got when everyone was sleeping. It was peaceful and it gave me a nice feeling. Sighing softly I stretched and leaned back on my chair, looking over at the window and then back at my screen, groaning softly in annoyance I got up and walked over to the window, closing the shades and then walked back and sat down once again.

I never really turned on the brightness of the screen up to high because one, I didn't like bright lights, and two, the light hurt my eyes a lot. So that's why I always kept the light of it in like the lowest setting.

Soon I finished typing and I printed the paper out, I was actually very surprised that my little brother, Nathan or as I liked to call him Nathaniel, wasn't up and running around today. He would usually wake up a few minutes after I would. Though today was slightly different...Shrugging the thought off I got the paper along with my phone and headed down stairs. Though there was something off, as I walked by Nathan's room I could hear voices inside.

This was strange, ever so slowly I walked closer to his door and pressed my ear to the door, I tried to hear as best as I could without making a sound or without leaning too much against the door. I stood there waiting for something to happen, and then that's when I heard Nathan whisper something, I could make it out as: "I'm pretty sure she's downstairs." Was he talking to himself? No, that couldn't be...he had never done such a thing. For all I knew he didn't have any imaginary friends...then who was he talking to?

A couple of seconds later and I heard something, it was a voice, just hearing it made me shudder. I didn't know that I had been holding my breath until I let out a shaky breath. Just who the hell was Nathan talking to?! And what scared me the most was when I heard soft footsteps, they sounded like the person was wearing boots, I could hear them getting closer to the door, each step made my heart race. I held my breath before gently pushing myself off the door, making sure that it didn't buckle from the push and took a small step back.

I felt my hands shake as I saw the door handle move slowly. I breathed out slowly before, shaking the feeling off. Not that it help. I raised my hand up and knocked on the door gently. "Hey, Nate? Is there someone in there with you?" I asked out loud, trying to not sound like I had just had a small panic attack. And that's when the door opened, but instead of the person I thought would be in front of me, it was Nathan. "Huh? Oh, no (_Name_). I was just playing a game that's all." He grinned up at me before he ran downstairs.

I blinked a few times, "Well that was odd." I then looked inside his room, I eyed his window...i-it was opened. His window-no wait, he never opened his window like this. Then why would he now? Shaking my head, I walked into his room and closed the window. As I turned around to walk out, I felt myself shudder once again. What was wrong with me? He was probably just talking to himself. But why was his window opened? I'll have to ask him later. Sighing out softly, I stepped out of his room and closed the door behind and headed downstairs. Walking into the kitchen I almost scream, as I looked around I see a box of cereal scattered all over the place and I see the milk everywhere. I took in a deep breath before looking over at Nathan, angered could be seen in my eyes. "Nathaniel, what did you do mister?" I say, obviously annoyed and angry. "I-I wanted to get something for breakfast and I sort of...uh..." He stumbled a bit at the end before he said, "I sort of tripped and made this huge mess."