Chapter 10 - Tattoos

Talia - 10
Tenzin - 13
Kya - 15
Bumi - 17

~~~

It's been a year and a half since the start of my bending training. Dad said if I keep up, I'll be able to get my tattoos soon. Tenzin is a little jealous that im getting my tattoos before him. I have to show a move that is complicated, new or perfect a small routine of moves already created. I'm going to demonstrate the sub-element of air, Light bending!!

It had been a year since I released my airbending, we were all, including dad, still confused why I could bend both water and air. Not long after the start of my training dad realised that I am a really good airbender and am really good a meditating, I have even entered the spirit world he told me that in one year, ONE YEAR!!! I could get my Tatoos, he told me that I would have a test when the time came to earn my Tatoos. That would make me the youngest airbending mater ever, even younger than dad!!

~~~~

Talia - 11
Tenzin - 14
Kya - 16
Bumi - 18

Bumi said soon he will go to the United forces and train and go with them, but he said he would wait until after my master ceremony, I can see that Tenzin's a tad jealous that I'm getting mine so early and that the spiritual 'mumbo jumbo', as Bumi puts it, comes really easy to me. I'm also not quite as good a water bender as I am an airbender, I'm still good but just not master level,...Yet.

This week I was going to have my 'test' for my masters. I've practised and practised in my cave, doing the complex spiral movements that I did accidentally, while aiming to try and do some airbending I created light, it's a beautiful pale golden yellow colour, it's like the avatars light but a shiny yellow.

(This kinda colour)and the colour of the fancy good spirit water bending)?

It's very complicated and requires absolute peace of mind to begin with, it's getting easier and more like a normal bending element. Though the routine I've worked on is more for show, but the light is solid.

I was going over the move(s) over and over again, or make sure it was perfect.
I could here/sense Tenzin coming so I stopped and took a deep breath I wanted to keep it a secret, one more surprise that I have.

"Hey Talia" he said as he rounded the corner "knew you were here. Anyway, relax you'll do fine!" He said reassuring me.
I took a deep breath and relaxed and went upstairs, so to speak to were my family and friends were waiting, I was like I was going to perform a show. I told myself Tenzin could do it, so can I.

(Go with the flow of this but without the necklace^^)

I was wearing some air nomad clothes that were silky, is is my favourite one, and as an added extra the light will shine off it!

I walked over towards everyone and mum was waiting just a bit away, out of view. "You'll do fine sweetie, I know it"
I nodded and as she sat down I walked out everyone went silent and looked my way. Every one was here, uncle Sokka, Miki, Lin, SuYin, even Toph! Everyone close to the family and relatives.

I stepped forward and took a few calming breaths my dad looked at me and gave me a kind reassuring mile that said 'you'll do fine'

I stepped back and started to turn in spiral movements in sync with my hands.
It was like lightning bending when you create it but more airbending, so more spiral changes and lighter of your feet, moving around more rather than just your hands.
Everyone looked in awe as I started to create the light, every single person was shocked. At first my dad was too then he had a proud smile on. I did the final movements and the light faded as it finished spiral turn around me. I stopped. Stood still and bowed to my dad.
He can up to me and put a hand on my shoulder and said "I'm very proud of you" before bringing me in for a hug which I gladly returned, he pulled away and looked into my grey-blue eyes and said with a slight chuckle "you so deserve those tattoos"
I looked over at Tenzin to see him smiling kinda proudly but I can tell he's a tad jealous. We had a family/friend dinner and all played, Miki, SuYin and I were outside exploring in the trees and playing tricks on the others. It was a blast!