Chapter 36 - A Simple Walk

Walking around the area Talia took in the sights. It was a beautiful area, but it didn't settle the fact she felt uncomfortable in Ba Sing Se. As she walked she tried to stay out of peoples attention but she nodded and smiled politely where appropriate to passers by. Pausing by a river she smiled at the sight of some children feeding some of the animals, before she had a light splash on her dress. The children apologised and she smiled at them, "It's no worries" she said simply with a small giggle, she forgets they're not that much younger than her. She used a small jet of air to dry it off, thinking that was more subtle than water bending it as she walked off. 

Crossing a bridge she looking around humming lightly, in her distracted state she bumped into someone who was in a rush and fell down. "Sorry!" the person called as they continued on their way. Talia stood up shaking her head "it's alr-" she went to say before realising they were gone. Looking down she noticed her nice new dress was rather dusty from the ground. Looking around Talia found a side alley and turned down it. Looking around seeing she was out of sight she used her airbending to sweep the dust away. She smiled looking back up as she went to leave before someone dropped down from the roof, a dark shadowy figure, vaguely familiar to her. 

As they stepped towards her, she stepped back, before noticing someone behind her and turning around with a gasp, as they stood, closer than before, their figures became slightly illuminated. Dai Lee agents. "Can I help you?" she asked confused and nervous. They said nothing, sending stone gloves at her. She gasped as she fell, hands behind her back. She wiggled lightly, but as she realised they had her, she stopped moving, looking up, her breathing anxious, scared. She could fight them off sure, but that's not in her initial nature. "What do you want? w-what have I done?" she said acting more nervous than she was, a protection in a way, a sheild. She calmed her breath, she didn't know what they wanted as they didn't just stared at her, but she didn't trust them and couldn't let them find out her abilities. Maybe they still had their brainwashing stuff like back in the 100 year war. She didn't want that to happen to her. 

Being carried away, they placed a bag on her head so she couldn't see where they were going, she calmed herself. Next thing she knew she was thrown on the ground, bag off. 

"Get changed" a deep voice said throwing some clothes at her and closing a heavy door. She looked down at them, almost looked like prison clothes. Where was she. She got changed, using her headband as a hair tie. and closed her eyes carefully, a deep breath, and created her usual light bending illusion over her tattoos. She gently knocked on the door, it swung open quickly and the agents grabbed her bag and clothes, her nice new dress, tossing them to the side into what looked like a storage room of some kind and again grabbing her by the arms, picking up up and taking her to another room "Hey!" she called at the unexpected movement before being thrown into another room, onto the floor again. She looked up at the agent, her eyes dead set on him. 

"Welcome to her majesties army. First Airbending regiment" Was all the man said before he started closing the door. "From now on, you live to fight for the Earth Queen"

Talia's eyes widened as the light faded with a gasp, she blinked before slowing looking around the room. She wasn't an earth kingdom citizen, so she couldn't be conscripted but she felt if she said that ... well a worse fate may be left for her.  There were quite a few other people in here, all in the same clothes as her. Talia stood up, she walked to the door and inspected it. 

"There's no use" a voice from behind her said. She turned around blinking. 

"Pardon?" She asked confused head tilted. 

The person stood up and walked closer so it was easier to see. "The door" he gestured to it. "there's  no use, their are Dai Lee agents all around the halls and outside, and its sealed shut, so unless you're an earth bender you cant get out." The boy said, his words lacked hope. 

Talia didn't like that answer, but what choice did she have. She sighed and nodded stepping away from the door. She watched the boy as he walked back towards the corner of the room.  She look around and saw a few people and went to sit down "may I?" she asked gently, one of them nodded. 

She sat down, as she did so one looked up with whatever he was fiddling with "ooh a newbie" He said almost snarky and interested. He couldn't be older than her physically.  "I'm Shimah" he said a hand out for a handshake. She greeted him "I'm Ta-Kimmeik" she introduced herself. Better not to use her real name, no doubt the Dai Lee would be listening.

"We should sleep" someone muttered from elsewhere. Some others nodded and hummed with agreement. "Before the Dai Lee come again" someone else said quietly. Guess there was a strict schedule. 

It was rather late in the day, or well as much as one can assume with no windows. Talia stood looking around for a free 'bed' one tucked away from eyes, so as she slept, and her tattoos appeared, it wouldn't be dangerous is awaked suddenly. Talia climbed up to one on the top, and sighed, what had she gotten herself into. Closing her eyes she lay herself to rest. What would Tenzin think.