Chapter 6 - Silence

"Kya, what happened!" Mum asked Kya as she took my small hand.
"I don't know mum" Kya replied.
"Ok we'll talk about this when we get home." Mum said turning to me and taking us inside.

"What happened" dad asked as he saw me covered in mud when we walked inside.
"Nothing" I mumbled under my breath sharply.
Mum let go of my hand and gave me to Kya as she walked to dad.

Katara's POV

When I saw Kya walk up, holding Talia's hand I saw that she was covered in mud, I was completely worried, what had happened?
"Kya, what happened!" I asked as I walked over and took one of Talia's small little hands in mine.
"I don't know mum" is all she replied.
I sighed and continued. "Ok we'll talk about this when we get home." I took them inside I needed to speak with Aang about this, it can't be good.

"What happened?" Was Aang's initial reaction as we walked in. She mumbled something under her breath.  I let her hand go and gave her to Kya as I walked to Aang.

"Do you know what happened sweetie" Aang asked me just above a wisper,
"No I don't, but it doesn't look good,
"at least she isn't hurt" I sighed yeah at least she isn't hurt.
"She hasn't told Kya anything"
He sighed "we'll have to talk to her when we get home"
"Yeah agreed"

We walked towards the others Talia had her head down and had one hand in Kya's and the other in Tenzin's. Bumi was running around, ohh Bumi.

3rd person POV

At home once Talia was cleaned up she spent most the evening in her room, she kept distance between her and her family she didn't feel like discussing it. She only came down when it was time for dinner, even then she didn't do much, she just sat there and ate little either looking at her food or her hands/feet, she fiddled and moved the food around on the plate, she lost her appetite. She was just waiting to be dismissed so she could go back upstairs and read, draw and play with her dolls.
Katara was starting to get really worried, Talia always are her vegetables and  always had a smile on at dinner, when she was with the family, she seemed to think that the situation was worse than they originally thought.
Katara sent Talia, Bumi, Kya and Tenzin off, unlike normal when they would have to help out, they didn't argue or even resist.

Katara sighed, "you know I think Talia's situation is worse the I originally thought"
"Why would you say that sweetie" Aang queried as he helped Katara take the dishes to the kitchen.
"Well she normally eats all her vegetables, is happy to be with the family at dinner time and talks somewhat more than earlier"
"Yeah I guess your right" Aang replied with a sigh. "Has she said anything to you or anyone"
"No, maybe you should try and speak with her"
"I'll go now" Aang said as he hugged Katara and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

Aang's POV

As I walked up stairs to my youngest daughters room I couldn't help but wonder what she had gotten her self into.
I stood out side her door and hesitated, I knocked slowly and lightly three times

"Talia?"