Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Sophi stretched and sat up. The sun was barely peeking through the blinds but for some reason Sophi couldn’t fall back asleep. She gently slipped out of bed, not wanting to wake Cry and headed out into the living room. Boxes of computer equipment scattered across the room, it resembled that of a makeshift headquarters. Sophi smiled to herself and headed to the kitchen and made her way to the fridge. She pulled out a bottle of water.

“Couldn’t sleep either?”

Sophi turned and smiled, “Nah.”

Snake nodded, “I know the feeling. I was about to head out to the beach, hoping to clear my mind. Care to join me?”

Sophi nodded, “Let me just leave Cry a note and grab some sweatpants.”

“Alright,” Snake responded, “I’ll wait for you on the back porch.”

Sophi headed back upstairs, scribbling a note to Cry and leaving it on his nightstand and pulling on a pair of sweat pants. Sophi headed back downstairs and met Snake outside. They walked to the beach in silence. When they got close enough to the water, without getting wet, Snake sat down and Sophi sat beside him.

“So what’s on your mind Oh Great Snake of Wonder?” Sophi asked, taking a sip of water and looking out over the water.

Snake smirked at her nickname then shrugged, “Just feeling a bit bummed out.”

“How come?” Sophi asked, leaning back.

Snake laid back, his arms under his head, “It’s just stressful being a grown up. Got some work stress and family problems.”

Sophi looked over at him, “What do you mean? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“I don’t mind. I just don’t think I really want to talk about it right now. Nothing personal but I’d rather not bum out this trip,” Snake said, flashing her a smile.

Sophi nodded, “Well if you change your mind, I’m hearing to listen.”

“Thanks. So what’s been going on with you?”

Sophi shrugged, “Not much. Been working.”

“And how’s your father treating you?”

Sophi looking down at the pile of sand she had been playing with, “He’s alright. He gets frustrated with me and my brother at times.”

Snake shook his head, “He doesn’t sound like much of a father.”

Sophi just shrugged.

It was silent for a moment.