Chapter Seven

The next day Sophi sat at the desk in the business office. She was the secretary for the Dean of the college. She was going through student surveys and tallying up the totals before inputting the number into the spreadsheet her boss had given her. As she did this her phone buzzed.

Pulling it out she saw she had a message from Cry, it read:

“Call me on break. Need to talk.”

Sophi bit her lip nervous. She looked over at the assistant, “Hey Wendy, do you mind if I talk a break. I need to handle some business.”

The woman smiled and nodded, “Of course.”

Sophi stepped outside, dialing his number.

“Hello?” Cry answered.

“Hey, is everything okay?” Sophi asked, nervously biting her lip.

Cry sighed and Sophi could tell he didn’t get much sleep, “No. I got a call from my ex.”

Sophi’s heart dropped, “Oh.”

“She wants to hook up and I told her no. She said she was going to ruin our relationship.”

“Ryan. Don’t worry,” Sophi said calmly, “I’m not a little dramatic high schooler, I’m not going to let some whiney ex ruin us. I promise.”

Cry let out a sigh of relief, “Good. How’s work?”

“Boring, inputting data right now.”

“Oh fun. Well get back to that and we’ll Skype when you get off,” Cry said.

“Okay,” Sophi said smiling, “Bye.”

“Bye.”

Sophi hung up and headed back into the office.

Cry’s point of view:

“Dude, Pewds, I don’t know what to do,” Cry said, slumping over onto my desk, staring at the Swedish YouTuber shoving candy into his mouth on the other side of the Skype call.

“Well,” Felix said, nibbling on a chocolate bar, “I think she told you not to worry, so I don’t think you should.”

“But, Stacy. She could do something. I don’t know what, but she may do something,” Cry replied, exhausted. His mind had been running rampant and he was exhausted from all the thinking he had been doing.

Felix shook his head, “Ryan, just chill. Go take a nap.”

Cry sighed, he knew his friend was right. “Alright.”

They said good bye and Cry hung up and went to bed, thoughts still running through his head.

Sophi’s point of view:

Sophi tapped her pen on her notebook listening to her teacher drone on and on about the development of the brain. This class was ultimately the most boring she had taken but it was required for a degree. She was ready for class to be over because she was leaving to go back to Florida to see Ryan. Watching the clock, she had five minutes left.

Sophi sighed and went back to the lecture that the teacher was talking about and continued to take notes. Five minutes later, the teacher was ending the lecture and making closing statements and the students began packing up. Not a second after the teacher said the class was dismissed, Sophi was out of the classroom and headed to her room to grab her bags.

6 Hours later:

“Ryan!” Sophi called, dropping her bags and running to the Youtuber, who stood at the end of the terminal with his arms open. She ran and jumped into his arms, kissing him deeply.

“I missed you,” she said, smiling at him when she pulled away.

Ryan smiled at her, he had come without his mask, “and I missed you too.” He kissed her once more.

Ryan put her down onto her feet gently and took her hand, walking with her back over to her bags.

“So how was your flight?” He asked, grabbing her bag before she could get a chance.

Sophi smiled at him, “I was alright. I got stuck next to an annoying teenager.”

“Oh?”

Sophi nodded, “He kept blabbing about being a football player and how he had single handedly taken him team to state. That’s why he was there.”

Sophi rolled her eyes.

Cry grinned, “Someone was trying to impress you.”

Sophi raised her eyebrows, “I don’t think so. Even if he was, he failed miserably.”

Cry chuckled, opening his truck and placing Sophi’s bag in it, before unlocking the doors. They climbed in and Cry started the car, heading in the direction of his house.

“So I was thinking we could go out to dinner tonight,” Cry said.

Sophi nodded, “Okay that sounds nice.”

Cry looked at her and smiled.

They pulled up to his house, Cry jumped out and walked over opening Sophi’s door, her bag in hand. She followed him into the house. Sophi looked around the house and smiled. Cry had accomplished unpacking most of his boxes, all that seemed left was little items and odds and ends.

Cry called her name from the back, “Coming,” Sophi replied.

She headed to his bedroom, “Yes?”

“You wanna stay with me or in your own room?”

Sophi put her hand on her hip, “What do you think?”

Cry dropped her bag on his bed, “Don’t be a smartass.”

Sophi giggled, then felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She pulled it out and looked at the screen briefly before shoving it back into her pocket, her smile now replaced with a frown.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, seeing her frown.

Sophi shook her head, “Nothing. Just my parents.”

Cry sat on the bed and patted the spot next to him, “What about them? You’ve never told me much about them.”

Sighing, Sophi sat next to him, “Because there isn’t much to tell. They were never parents. My grandparents raised me and still do. The only reason I stay in contact with them and is to see my little brother, otherwise I would never talk to them.”

“Well, what’s wrong this time?”

“My father is yelling at me for not coming home for break. But when I go home, I never have good thoughts. I want to like cause physical harm to either him or myself.”

“Why him?”

“It’s a long story. There’s a lot to him that you don’t know. Maybe one day you’ll have the pleasure of meeting him yourself,” Sophi said, adding sarcasm to the last sentence.