Chapter Three

The next day Sophi woke up and pulled her laptop towards her. She logged on and saw that she had messages on Skype. Upon opening them, she saw that they were ALL from her boyfriend. As she read the messages, tears formed in her eyes and her hands shook. Soon she was crying uncontrollably.

Ring ring. The familiar ring of Skype made her look at her computer once more. Her eyes widened. Cry was calling her. She clicked answer making sure her camera was off so he couldn’t see her face. She took a deep breath to calm her voice.

“Hey,” Cry’s smooth voice came through the speakers.

Sophi swallowed her tears, “Hi.”

“Sophi, are you okay? You sound upset,” Cry said, obviously concerned.

“Mhm,” Sophi said, tears streaming down her face.

 “Liar. Prove it.”

“How?”

“Turn your cam on.”

Sophi sighed. She couldn’t hide it from him. She turned her cam on.

“Sophi…” Cry said softly, “What’s wrong?”

“My boyfriend. H-he broke u-up with m-me,” Sophi said breaking down into sobs and hiccups again, “He wants to live in “peace and harmony” aka smoke weed rather than be with me. Am I a horrible person?”

Sophi covered her face with her hands.

“Shhh,” Cry said, soothingly, “You are not a bad person. He gave up on a good and amazing girl.”

“You’re just saying that,” Sophi said, sniffling and wiping her face.

“No,” Cry said softly yet firmly, “I’m not. I just met you and already I know that you’re beautiful and that you are someone who is trustworthy.”

Sophi blushed, “Thanks.”

“You’re even cuter when you blush.”

That made Sophi blush even more and Cry laughed.

“Are you always so bold with your flirting?” Sophi asked.

“Flirting?”

“Yeah, flirting. You know, what you’re doing,” Sophi said, raising her eyebrow and looking at him, “Don’t be such a smartass.”

Cry chuckled, “I’m not. I’m just saying that I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Sure you do. Calling me beautiful. Saying you want to get to know me. Admit it, you flirt with me a bit.”

“Okay, okay,” Cry said, “I do. Is that such a bad thing?”

“Depends,” Sophi said, shrugging.

“On what?”

“If you are being real or if you are just a flirt.”

“Oh, well I can tell you I’m not a flirt. So it’s for real.”

“Oh,” Sophi said, slightly shocked.

“What’s so surprising?”

“I guess I didn’t think a YouTuber would be flirting with me,” She replied, honestly,” Especially one I am personally a huge fan of.”

“Well, I’m going to be bold and be honest, you seem like someone I want to get to know you and see what we become. We can be friends or we can be more and I would be happy either way,” Cry replied.

Sophi’s jaw dropped slightly and her cheeks burned, “Y-you – I mean.”

Cry chuckled, “Yes, I just said I wouldn’t have a problem dating someone like you. But I would have to get to know you first. So let’s see where this goes.”

Sophi smiled, cheeks still red and nodded, “Okay.”

“What do you think about that?” Cry asked.

“Well I think I’m okay with it. I don’t have a problem with it either way, either.”

“Good.”

One month later:

Sophi walked into her room after class and collapsed on her bed. She was exhausted after class and work. She opened her laptop to see if Ryan was online. Over the past month, Cry and Sophi had been talking every day and he had asked her to call him by his name, Ryan. Upon opening Skype, she saw that she had messages from Ryan.

Cryaotic: Hey Sophi, I just wanted to let you know that I won’t be online for a couple days. I’m moving but here is my number. Text me. Smileyface.

Sophi grinned and grabbed her phone, typing his number into her contacts before sending him a message.

A reply was quick, “Hey Sophi,” Cry wrote, “How was your day?”

Sophi told him about her roommate and how she had so many pages to read for her classes and that she couldn’t wait for Spring Break next week.

“What are you doing for spring break?” was Cry’s response.

“I’m not sure,” Sophi typed.

“Well come visit me. I want to see you.”

“Really? I would love to. But I don’t have the money :/”

“Forget money. I got it. Just come.”

Sophi bit her lip thinking for a bit before replying, “Okay. I’ll see you next week c:”

Sophi’s smile grew huge. She was going to spend a week with Cry. A famous YouTuber. Then she froze. She was going to be spending a week with Cry. A FAMOUS YouTuber. And what about his face. Is she going to see it? She suddenly got nervous. Butterflies in the pit of her stomach. She sighed, “Sophi what have you got yourself into?”

Cry’s Point of View:

Cry rushed around shoving stuff into boxes and then those boxes into closets. Sophi was coming over today. To stay a week. She was going to be there any minute. He ran to the guest room and made sure that everything was there. He took a deep breath, he didn’t know why he was so nervous about her staying there for a week. He’ll admit to himself that over the month that they had talked, he had grown to like her more and possibly gotten a crush on her.

Cry ran his hand through his hair, freezing when he felt that his mask wasn’t on his face. Going to search for it he heard the doorbell ring.

“Fuck,” He muttered under his breath, “Coming!” He called.

He found his mask laying on his bed and quickly fastened it behind his head. Running to the door, he stubbed his toe on a box and yelped in pain. He threw the door open and saw a beautiful redhead. Her hair was in loose waves that framed her face perfectly. Her perfectly toned skin was complimented with a sea foam tank and white shorts and her blue eyes shone brightly.

“Ryan?” The girl said slowly.

Cry noticed then that he had been staring, his mouth slightly agape, “Oh, um yeah. Hi,” he said, quickly regaining his composure.

“It’s me. Sophi,” the redhead said, smiling slightly. He could tell she was nervous too.

Cry smiled, even though he knew she couldn’t see it under his mask, “Come in.”

He stepped back to allow her to walk in. When she walked in, he took her suitcase, “Let me show you to your room. Please excuse the boxes. Been kinda lazy about moving in.”

“Its fine,” Sophi said, following him to the room.

“So how was the flight?” Cry asked, opening the door to a bright room.

“It was good. A bit tired,” Sophi replied.

“Well get unpacked and take a nap. I don’t know about you but I don’t really feel like going out today, so I was thinking of getting some Chinese food,” Cry offered.

Sophi nodded and her stomach grumbled. Cry chuckled, “I would say you agree.”

Sophi laughed. Cry turned and left the room and Sophi unzipped her suitcase and began to unpack.