Chapter Eight

Ryan put his arm around her and pulled her close, “I wish you could stay longer than a few days.”

“I know,” Sophi said, “Me too. You don’t have to keep buying tickets for me just to come out here for a weekend. It’s a lot of money.”

“I don’t mind,” he said, placing his hand under her chin, turning her face to his, “It’s completely worth it.”

He kissed her gently.

Sophi pushed her bag off the bed and crawled back onto the bed, patting the spot next to her.

“Come lay with me.”

Cry crawled onto the bed, laying on his side next to her wrapping his around her waist.

Sophi nuzzled her head into his chest and sighed.

Cry reached up to brush her hair, “What’s wrong my love?”

Sophi sighed once more, “I’m just sick of my father. I’m ready to move out.”

“What’s so bad about him?”

“He’s constantly putting me down. Calling me stupid, fat, ugly, that I’m a horrible sister.”

Cry hugged her closer, “Don’t listen to him.”

“I don’t want school to end, I don’t want to live with him. I know he’ll make my life a living hell. He told me if I wanted my phone back last time, I would, have to try and out run a bullet.”

“The fuck?” Cry said.

Sophi just nodded.

“Dude, babe. You need an internship right?”

Sophi nodded once more.

“Maybe I’m over stepping my bounds because we’ve only been together for about two months, but find an internship here, and you can stay here.”

Sophi pulled back and looked up at him, her eyes widened, “Seriously?”

Cry blushed and nodded, “Yeah. I want you to feel safe, and if you’re not, then I’ll be upset. I care.”

“Awh,” Sophi said, smiling and pinching his cheeks, “Someone’s has a soft spot.”

Cry playfully pushed her hands away, “Hush. Don’t tell anyone.”

Sophi kissed his nose, “It’s our little secret.”

“Good. No one would believe you anyways,” Cry said.

Sophi smiled and shook her head.

Sophi sighed happily, lacing her fingers through Cry’s and leaning her head against his shoulder as they walked along downtown.

“Dinner was great, babe. Thank you,” she said.

Cry kissed the top of her head, “Don’t mention it. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy. So speaking of you being happy, what do you want for your birthday?”

Sophi looked at him and raised her eyebrow, “There is still two months till my birthday.”

“So?”

“I dunno,” Sophi said, heading over a bench, pulling Cry along with her, “I just want to see you.”

“I know, and you will. I plan on coming to you that weekend,” he said, smiling.

Sophi grinned and moved closer to him as he put his arm around her.

“Anything else?”

“The only other thing I want to do is to see my favorite band.”

“Coheed and Cambria?”

Sophi smiled at him, happy that he had remembered and nodded, “Yeah. I want to go and sit in the pit instead of the lawn. I always sit in the lawn, and that’s not a bad thing, you can hear it just as well. But at least once and especially at my favorite band, I wanna sit closer.”

Cry nodded, “Understandable.”

Sophi rolled over onto her side, away from Cry. They had gone to bed a few hours ago, and even though Cry had fallen asleep, Sophi still had not. Her mind raced with thoughts. Slowly she got out of bed, and tip toed to her bag, pulling out a pack of cigarettes. She knew Cry hated that she smoked, and she never had in front of him but her anxiety was high and she needed one to calm her thoughts so that she could sleep.

Stepping out onto the balcony, she pulled out a cigarette, placing it between her lips, lit a match. Inhaling, she let the smoke fill her lungs and held her breath, closing her eyes to exhale.

“Sophi?”

She whipped around and saw Cry standing in the doorway, rubbing his face, “I thought you didn’t smoke?”

Sophi bit her lip, “I do when I have a lot on my mind. I couldn’t sleep.”

“You know I don’t like it.”

Cry walked over and took the cigarette from her hand and flicked it over the railing, “I’m here. You should talk to me when you’re upset.”

Sophi nodded, “But you’re not here when I’m there and you’re here.”

“Call me,” he said, pulling her against him, “Just don’t smoke. I don’t care how late it is, just call me.”

Sophi nodded and he kissed the top of her head before heading back inside, pulling Sophi with him. Sophi sat down on the couch and Cry sat next to her.

“So what’s on your mind?”

Sophi shrugged, “I’m just thinking about what you said. Do you really want me to stay with you for a whole summer?”

Cry leaned back on the couch, “Is this what you’re worried about?”

Sophi nodded.

“Don’t worry. You don’t have to if you don’t want to. I was just offering. If you think it’s too soon, you don’t have to stay.”

“It’s not that. I just worry that, you just met me. We just started dating. What if it’s too soon for either of us? I mean, we would be going straight to living together practically! What if it’s our downfall?”

Cry put his hands on her shoulders, “Soph, baby, calm down. Deep breath. We’re not jumping into a marriage. We are just THINKING about living together.”

Sophi nodded.

“Do you feel better?” Cry asked.

Sophi nodded a bit, “A little.”

“Good.”

Cry gave her a kiss before pulling away, a frown on his mouth.

“What’s wrong?” Sophi asked.

“You taste funny. Go brush your teeth.”

Sophi grinned, “LOVE IT!!”

She leaned over and licked his cheek.

Cry grabbed his chest, “Oh the horror! I’m dying!”

He dramatically fell over, feigning dead.

“Jerk,” she said and pushed him off the couch and got up and walked to the room.

Cry got up and followed her into the room, coming up behind her and scooping her up into his arms, and throwing her onto the bed.

Sophi giggled, “Cry stop it!!”

He gave her an evil grin before pouncing on her, and laying on top of her, “There now you can’t leave.”

Sophi pushed against his shoulders and laughed as Cry relaxed his weight, getting heavier.

“Loser,” she said.

“Yep. But I’m you’re loser,” he replied, turning his head to kiss her gently.