Nectar of the Gods

As they walk into the small coffee shop, the smell of freshly brewed coffee hits them. Cass stops, closes his eyes, and inhales. "Mmmm. Can you smell that?" He asks Dean.
Dean breathes in, savors the bittersweet smell. "Wow, Cass. You really like coffee, don't you?"
"It's the nectar of the gods, Dean."
"Uh huh. Well, I'm happy you like it here." Dean smiles, grateful that their first date hasn't been too terribly awkward. It's easy, almost natural to talk to Cass. He taps Cass's shoulder. "So what do you want to get?"
"Oh, I brought money-"
"Shush," Dean puts his finger over Cass's lips, "I asked you on the date, I insist on paying."
"Okay," replies Cass, chastised, "I want... a vanilla bean espresso with extra whip cream."
Dean repeats his order to the barista and adds his beverage, a plain black coffee. They wait for their coffees to cool down and grab a small table for two by the shop's big bay window. Dean takes a sip and immediately feels more energized as the boiling hot coffee burns his throat and slides into his belly. Cass takes a tiny sip of his esspresso, not as brave as Dean. Sip by sip, confession to confession, awkward joke to awkward joke, they break down the walls between them and soon fall into a care free banter that's as natural as breathing.
"So, what do you think we should write for our English project?" Cass says, trying to commit the flavor of his drink to memory.
"Well, I think Shakespeare should have written a play about a gay couple." Dean says, somewhat suggestively.
"I agree. But you can't disagree that his representation of imperfect and complicated is still relevant and true today."
"Yeah, even though Romeo & Juliet was way too dramatic."
"Let's not include that play."
They continue to chat and learn more about each other, when the conversation turns to family.
" So, is it just you and your parents?" Asks Cass.
"Actually, it's just parent. My mom died in a fire when I was little. But I have a younger brother, Sam, and he means the world to me." Dean says.
Cass is touched by Dean's openness. "I'm sorry about your mom. I have a little brother that goes here as well, his name is Gabe."
"Gabe.... Gabe.... Where do I remember that name from?" Then, Dean recollects his earlier conversation with Sam.
"Do our brothers know each other?" Cass looks slightly confused.
"Yeah, but um, my brother thinks your brother is.... Ah.... Annoying." Dean finishes softly, not wanting to offend Cass. Cass grins.
"Yes, I suppose he can come off that way. Gabriel is a tricky little bugger sometimes. Even Michael, who's supposed to be the patient one, is irritated with him."
"How many siblings do you have again?"
"Michael, lucifer, Gabe and Raphael. Michael and Lucifer are older than me, Raphael is my twin, and Gabe is younger."
"Wow," says Dean, taken aback by the complexity of Cass's family, "I only have Sam."
"Yeah, it's really hectic when we're moving."
"Why do you move so often?" inquires Dean curiously.
"Well, my dad owns a big business, so he's away for work all the time."
"My dad travels a lot for work, too."
"How long do you usually stay in one place? I'll probably be here all year." Cass says somewhat flirtatiously.
"A couple weeks, sometimes months." Dean could see Cass's face crumple in despair, and it near broke his heart that he wouldn't be able to spend more time with Cass.
Suddenly, Dean's phone rang.
"Crap. Sorry, I have to take this." Dean stands up and heads to a corner out of Cass's earshot. "What, dad? I was in the middle of something." Dean complains.
"Listen to me, Dean," John Winchester's voice takes a deadly serious tone, "we're staying longer, so be careful. I let the thing I'm hunting catch my scent- it doesn't matter how- so after you finish whatever you're doing, tell Sam to stay inside the house. They might use you to get to me."
"Wait, wait, back up. What are you hunting and how do we kill it?"
He sees Cass looking over and
"Dean, I'm driving home right now. Ill be there shortly and explain when I get there. Don't do anything stupid." There is a sharp *click* and John is gone. Dean swore under his breath, then took a couple deep breaths in and out to calm himself. Everything's okay. He reminded himself. We're all gonna be okay. He knew that Cass could never know about his dad's line of work, for his own safety
"What was that about?" Cass calls from across the room.
"It was my Dad. He says we can stay longer."
Cass's face lights back up again, but looks slightly confused when Dean isn't as enthusiastic as him. "What's the matter, Dean?"
Dean decides that even though there might be a monster on his ass, he may as well be happy and spend more time with Cass. He focuses on the little things, like the feel of Cass's hair, the wrinkles in his shirt, or Cass's dimples when he smiles.
"Nothing's the matter, Cass. For the first time in my life things are coming up okay."
The hours fly by as they finish their coffees,'order another and another. Finally, Cass receives a call from his mother saying he needs to return home for dinner because his father has returned. They reluctantly part, make arrangements to finish their English project. Dean drops Cass off outside his house, but before Cass goes in, Dean has the irresistible urge to take his perfect face in his hands and kiss him. He leans in, then reconsiders, then leans in again and plants a soft, sweet, chaste kiss, a promise ring kiss that says If you wait, there's so much more I can do to you.
Yearning for more, Cass draws closer to Dean, not caring if he sins. His breath hot on Dean's neck, it takes all of Dean's willpower to turn Cass away gently. But Cass isn't satisfied so he pushes forward and crashes Deans's lips into his. Breathing heavily, Dean pulls away, an expression of pleasant surprise on his face.
"Where'd you learn to do that, Cass?" He asks, smirking.
Cass blushes. "I just.... Needed more."
"Cass, I'm not going to hook up with you in my car. At least not tonight." Dean winks seductively, "plus, you'd be late to dinner. Now, go. I'll see you tomorrow."
Cass hugs Dean goodbye, and walks in to face dinner with his family. Dean watches him walk, and all the way home he listens to sappy love songs.