Chapter 6

I stare at him with a scowl on my face while he gives me a mischievous smile.

He laughs at my insult. "Can't you do better than that?"

I keep frowning and stare straight at him. "I don't believe in cursing. All that shows is you have a loose mouth and no respect for yourself or someone else. Now, get off my balcony."

He smirks. "I can't have fun with my favorite neighbor?"

I roll my eyes. "You don't even know my name, and I don't even know your name. Honestly, I don't think I really care."

He ignores my last comment and holds his hand out. "Nick Caldwell."

I smirk. "Maya, but I told you that yesterday."

Now, I am fully aware that he just said he is Nick Caldwell; Nick Caldwell the singer and actor, but I want to see what he's going to think when a teen girl doesn't fall down at his feet or pays attention to his name.

He slowly slips his sunglasses off. "I know. No last name?"

"Not one that I care to talk about," I say.

He just nods and runs his fingers through his brown hair as though he's uncomfortable. To add to his discomfort, I sit down in my chair and just stare at him without speaking. It definitely makes him more uncomfortable. It's hilarious.

He finally bursts out, "You don't care?"

"Care about what?"

"Who I am?"

"No? Why should I? Do you expect everyone to worship the ground you walk on? The way I see it, you're an annoying guy, just like all the other guys. You're not more important than anyone. You just happen to be part of Hollywood," I say, disgusted at him thinking he's God's one and only gift to the world.

He actually smiles at me and surprises me with his response. "I don't expect that of anyone, and I haven't met many teen girls who see me as a normal person, so I thank you, even if you do dislike me."

"I never said I disliked you," I reply quickly.

He laughs. "That's not what your actions tell me."

I roll my eyes. "Maybe me pushing you off of this balcony will tell you something."

He smirks at me. "What makes you think you can do that? I do happen to be a guy."

I furrow my eyebrows. "And what makes you think girls can't be strong, too? Are you being sexist?"

His eyes open wide. "I'm definitely not sexist! Please don't sell that to anyone!"

I laugh at his response and stand up. "What's with the begging?"

He does not smirk at me, in fact, he looks extremely serious. "I'm serious. I am begging you to not go and tell people you think I'm sexist."

I laugh and roll my eyes at him. "I'm not going to, so take a chill pill. Even if I did, nobody would believe me or even take a second to listen to me."

"That was cruel," he moans slightly.

"I didn't start it," I shoot back.

He is about to say something when the balcony door opens, revealing Emma. I stare at her and back at Nick. He has a horrified expression on his face. I would have laughed if I was not so afraid of what Emma's reaction will be.

"What's going on out here?" she asks.

I try to stammer a reply but Nick beats me. "I-I was just talking to Maya. I-I am the only one at fault."