➳ 47: the world has turned and left me here

CAROLINE had gotten out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body just as a knock echoed on the door to her dorm room. She pulled the towel up around her breasts and answered the interruption, finding Stefan and Efah standing out in the hallway with a chest in hand.

"Efah? Stefan? Where have you--?" Caroline began to question but Stefan pushed past her and walked further into her room.

"I need a favor." He cut her off quickly and dropped the chest the floor.

Efah strolled in with her arms crossed over her chest and stopped beside him.

Caroline slammed the door closed behind them and hiked her towel up. "What are you doing? And what is with this trunk?"

She leaned down to open it but Efah stopped her, slamming the lid shut with her stiletto shoe. "Hang on." Stefan requested as he hurried to the window to close the curtains.

Efah removed her foot and Ivy popped out of the chest causing Caroline to jump back and shriek in surprise. "Oh, my god!"

"It's like a human sized jack-in-the-box." The archangel commented while laughing in amusement.

"Where am I?" Ivy questioned frantically then narrowed her eyes at the couple. "What did you do?"

"I killed you and stuffed your body in a chest like any good serial killer would." Efah replied darkly and flashed the new vampire a sinister smirk.

Stefan made an awkward facial expression in response and held his hands up, not taking the blame for the situation.

"Okay, who the hell is this?" Caroline asked them I'm confusion and bewilderment.

"Our former neighbor, Ivy." Efah answered in aggravation, rolling her green eye.

"Uh, Enzo turned her." Stefan added bitterly and placed his hands on his hips. "The night you showed up to our house."

Caroline tilted her head to the side and sighed heavily.

"Then this bitch---" Ivy snarled furiously while motioning at Efah. "---broke my neck and I woke up in a trunk."

Efah appeared offended for a second before pursing her lips and shrugging her shoulders. "I've been called worse and let's be honest, it's warranted."

"Right. So, I need a little bit of help." Stefan turned toward Caroline, hopefully glancing at her.

"No." The blonde refused sternly then realized why he was asking and shook her head rapidly. "No, no, no."

"Just watch her for a little while, while I get Luke to make her a daylight ring." Stefan desperately tried to convince her as Ivy stood to her feet and climbed out of the chest. "Show her the ropes, teach her some control."

"No, no. This is not my mess." Caroline furiously rejected and walked toward him while jabbing a finger between the couple. "This is your mess."

Efah threw her head back and let out a sarcastic laugh. Running her tongue along the corner of her mouth, she raised an eyebrow at the naked woman. "Who brought Enzo to our house uninvited exactly? Oh wait... you." She whispered mockingly while pointed at the blonde.