➳ 27: handle with care

EFAH and Lucifer were out on the lawn training for their possible upcoming battle against their brothers. Damon stood on the porch, leaning against one of the support pillars and watching them closely.

Efah was wielding her sword against Lucifer as he held onto her shield, protecting himself.

Every one of her strikes landed where Lucifer protected himself, never actually making contact with him. Lucifer began to use the point edge of the shield as a weapon, shoving it in her direction. Efah quickly used the sword as a defensive measure and brought it down to the shield. Metal crashing together filled their ear drums. It all seemed to go well until Lucifer knocked the sword from her hand. It flew out of her grip and landed a few feet away.

Lucifer relaxed his stance, giving his sister a tense, disappointed scowl. "You used to be the best. It would be a miracle if I beat you. What's happening?" He asked in genuine concern, furrowing his eyebrows. "What's going on with you?"

Sighing, Efah cast her glance down to her feet then walked over to grab her sword. "This is fucking stupid, Lucifer." She replied in lazy manner and rolled her eyes. "I haven't fought like this in eons. I'm not the sword and shield person anymore. Besides, none of this training even matters. I don't have wings but they sure as hell do. I'm at a serious disadvantage."

Damon pushed off the pillar and joined them. "Your heart's not in it." He commented knowingly causing the angels to look at him in confusion. "You've been so focused on Stefan lately. I think it's clouding your ability to focus on this. You don't care about this right now and you never will until you give it focus." He concluded and looked between them with a curious expression. "Do you have to use a sword?"

"Technically, no." Lucifer replied with a small shrug then gave them both a stern face. "But that's how they'll fight. It's easier to match."

"Or you use these---" Damon suggested, taking the sword from Efah and handing it to Lucifer. "---and train to fight against them instead of with them."

Lucifer held onto the sword while pondering over his idea before slowly nodding his head with an almost impressed smile. "That could potentially work." He replied, glancing at Efah with a raised eyebrow. "What do you say?"

"Worth a try." She mused in exhaustion and rubbed her temple with the pad of her fingertips. "What could go wrong, right?" She drew out sarcastically with a flat smile.

Elena and Damon were cuddling on the couch by the fireplace, enjoying quality alone time.

Efah walked into the room with one of her daggers in hand and called out for the older Salvatore. "Hey, Dam---" She made an awkward face after noticing them and turned to leave just as Silas burst through the front door.

"Greetings!" Stefan's look alike meet them with a smirk.

Damon turned to look at him in annoyance and Elena sat up, removing herself from his chest. "One..." The older vampire whispered under his breath pointedly.

"Good morning, frenemies!" Silas greeted the trio and walked down the stairs toward them. While doing so, he held his hands up and the curtains magically pulled back to expose the sunlight.

Elena glanced around at the windows in disbelief, Damon sunk down into his seat, and Efah gave the witch an unimpressed glare.