Story Time (KRISBER)

"Appa~ read me a bedtime story~" A little boy whined as he was being tucked in.
"Alright, what book do you want me to read tonight?" A tall man asked as he kneeled beside the bed.
"I don't want you to read me a story!" The little boy replied.
"Hm? What do you want then?" The man questioned.
"I...want to know how you and umma met!" The boy exclaimed enthusiastically.
"...." The man fell silent as his face turned dark red. "M-Maybe next time-"
"I heard someone wanted to hear the story of how appa and I met~" a lady with short hair said as she walked into the room and flopped onto the bed with their son.
"Yes! Please~?" The boy pleaded, staring at his dad with puppy eyes.
"F-Fine! Stop using the puppy eyes!" The man sighed.
The lady chuckled before settling next to the son.
The dad coughed a few times before starting...
Flashback: Middle School
Kris' POV
I checked myself in the boy's bathroom mirror seeing if my bow tie was straight and hair well put before heading out of the school. I waited in front of the school searching around to see a certain face...I found her. She just bidded farewell to her friends, seperating from them to walk home. I started running towards her but not too quickly or the flower in my hand that I picked from the school garden would get smashed. I was about to call her name when someone beat me to it...Jackson. He also had a crush on Amber. The only difference is that he was very popular. I quickly hid behind a wall and peeked out to see and hear what they were talking about.
"A-Amber...do you have a moment?" Jackson asked.
"Yeah, what's up?" Amber smiled.
"W-Well...um...I...I really like you and I'm hoping we can be together!" Jackson confessed quickly.
Amber's smile faded, "Jackson...I'm sorry. I can't accept your feelings..."
I nearly screamed with joy as she turned him down but I controlled myself and continued eavesdropping.
"What? B-But why?! I'm popular, handsome, funny...what's the problem?!"
"I...don't want to date someone shorter than me..."
My jaw dropped and so did Jackson's. My jaw dropped not because of the random pet peeve but because I'm shorter than her! I'm shorter tha  her by only an few inches. If I confess to her, she'll definitely reject me! And even worse, I'm not popular, handsome and funny! I was so shocked I dropped the flower and ran the opposite direction of her to my house. That night I cried my eyes out.
And from then on, I strived to become taller and confess to her before any man taller than her will confess.
Every day, every night, I would stretch myself, drink a lot of milk, sleep more, do everything possible that could help boost my growth spurt. And finally, as I reached highschool, my growth spurt was probably the biggest and I became the tallest man.
Highschool...
It was finally graduation, I finally got the courage I lost back in middle school and will confess to Amber. I checked myself in the mirror seeing if my shirt was straight and all buttons are secured then fixed my hair and went outside. I searched for Amber until I saw her walking home. This is it Kris, you got this... I breathed in and out before jogging towards her lightly so the bouquet of flowers I bought wouldn't get smashed.
"A-Amber!" I called.
Amber turned and man, she is so beautiful.
I finally reached to her and coughed nervously. "D-Do you have a moment?"
"Of course! What's up Kris?" She smiled.
"Um....well....ever since middle school when I first met you, I always had a crush on you! Please accept my feelings and go out with me!" I extended the flowers to her.
Amber's smile slowly faded and it immediately reminded me of the Jackson incident.
Sigh...I'm gonna get turned down, right?
"Finally..." she mumbled.
What?
I looked at her and saw she was crying.
"6 freaking years for you to confess..." she started crying. "You idiot! Waht took you so long!"
I was shocked and didn't know what to say.
"W-Well...I heard you and Jackson back then and you said you didn't like short guys so I waited until I got taller than you..."
Amber then started crying more. "I onlu said that as an excuse so I could turn him down! I didn't know you were shorter and i could care less!" She cried even more and I decided to hug her. That day we spent it together explaing our side of the story and becoming a couple...

"And that's how we met" Kris smiled as he stared at Amber who fell asleep.
"How cute! I want to be as tall as you, appa!" The boy smiled. He yawned a little.
"I'm a little tired appa, goodnight." The boy said.
"Yes, get some rest. Goodnight." Kris kissed him on the forehead before carrying Amber bridal style into their room.

Author's Note: Man I haven't been on here in forever. So sorry for being dead finals are happening AGAIN so I've been studying my butt off to make my parents proud. Hope you all enjoyed and see you guys next time~