Chapter thirteen

In the end, Rachel got a beanie from George, a teddy bear from John, and a friendship bracelet from Paul. It matches with his too. A big blue R was on hers and an orange P for Paulie.

Wearing both the beanie and George's utterly huge sweater, she took a look around the Lennison flat.

There were framed photographs. Most of them were happy memories, judging from the smiles and hugs and all that. Rachel squinted and saw a younger-looking George (he must've been fourteen!), a baby-faced Paulie and John wearing glasses. They were carrying guitars (Paulie had his bass guitar) and seemed to have a gig. They were onstage and there was a scribbled writing on the side.

FIRST BUT NEVER LAST- P.M.

She smiled at that. If they were a band, she wanted to join them. Be the drummer since that's the only instrument she's good at.

"Hey Rach?"

She turned. "Yeah Gear?"

He looked nervous. "Rachie I... I need to tell you something..."

He looks cute whenever he gets nervous, Rachel thought.

She nodded, giving him the idea that he should go on about it.

George took a sharp intake of breathe. "I like you."

Oh shit. Rachel widened her eyes. "George I---"

"If you want to push me away I understand..." He started walking away, hands in his pockets.

"No! Agh, George you bloody idiot it's not you!" He stopped in his tracks and turned.
"I-It's me." Her voice cracked. "I'm the one with the problem. Look, I like you. Alot. But I'm... I'm..."

"You aren't an alien, are you?" Georgee blurted out randomly.

"I--- No! Just... Dammit George you've been watching too much Star Wars!" She bit her lip. "I'm trans."

Silence.

"G-George?"

Silence. Then Rachel's heart began to crumble into little pieces. George's expression was unreadable.

Then he spoke. "You're trans? Like boy to girl trans?"

Rachel nodded, bracing for impact.

But she didn't expect George's arms wrapping around her.

"Okay."

Rachel lifted her head. "Okay? What do you mean okay?"

George simply shrugged. "I'm okay with you being trans. It's 2015-2016 not the 1950s, Rach. Also..." He bent down to whisper in her ear. "... You look pretty hot for a trans girl."

She blushed madly at that and playfully pushed him away.

"I hate you, you bloody idiot." She mumbled, still blushing. Her heart was beating so fast in her chest she thought it would explode.

George kissed her forehead. "Love you too, Rach."

And it was under John's outdated mistletoe.

-------------

"You're trans? Like, you used to be a boy now you're a girl?"

Rachel nodded. "Well, I haven't got the full surgery yet but... Yeah, I'm a girl."

John was shocked. "I.. Wow. Just, wow..." He blinked. "Wow."

"Don't go full-doge on me, John!" Paul faked concern.

"Shut up I'm speechless, alright!" He faced her. "You don't look like a man at all, like really, you could pass for a girl!"

Rachel shrugged. "Some makeup and dresses fix me up."

"And?" Paul nodded to Rachel and George's intertwined hands. He raised an eyebrow, lips curling up. "Aaaaaanddd?"

John cocked his head, a bit annoyed by the numerous 'and?' coming out of him. "And what, Macca?"

Paul rolled his eyes and took a hold of John's face and turned it. His eyes widened. "Oh."

"We aren't offical yet," George chuckled. "But---"

"Soon we would." Rachel finished, shooting him a smirk. "Right Gear?"

"Of course." He kissed her cheek.

-----------

Midway into dinner (George insisted they stay but Paul thinks he only wanted Rach to stay. cue wink wink) Rachel's phone bursted out a Selena Gomez song.

"I'm so sick of that same old love, that shit, it tears me up! I'm so sick of that same old love, my body's had enough---"

"Excuse me," Rachel stood up and went outside.

----------

"Hello? Rachel Starkey here?" She answered, feeling the cool December wind in her face. Then, a familiar voice replied. Rachel's face fell.

"Mum."

---------------

Uh

Yeah

Short chappie I know

But

Cliffhanger

Meh

George confessed <3 <3

Give it a vote and a comment if you liked it!

With love,

~Gracexxx