Chapter five

And that was when things got a little awkward.

"Hey! I was just kidding." John quickly countered, making sure the fire wouldn't rise up.

Rachel, who was blushing, forced out a laugh. "Yeah, uhm, hey Paul what time is it?"

"About 11'o clock, why?" Came the reply.

Fuck she felt guilty all of the sudden.

And what made Rachel guilty was:

1.)George doesn't know and he's flirting with her already. Well, maybe.
2.)Paul is definitely going to kill her later. Paul is definitely going to murder her and make sure it looked like an accident.
3.)She thinks John is hella attractive.

An uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"I-I'm heading to the loo." Rachel mumbled before walking off.

George shot John a glare and both men went out, the younger giving Paul a quick look.

And Paul was sitting down on the couch. Alone.

"Guess we're always be forever then?" He spoke to his phone. He sighed and began to scroll Twitter.

----------

"I can't fucking believe you..." George muttered under his breathe.

John gave him a wary glance. "You know I didn't mean it that way. Ever heard of 'Jokingly', Harrison?"

He glared at him. "Well actions speak louder than words John!"

"What are you saying?" He whispered-yelled at him.

"I saw how you fucking looked at her," George seethed.

"Looking doesn't mean shit when I don't like the gal!" He retorted. "George you could have her all you want, okay? I don't like her that way. I don't."

"I-I... Fuck, I'm sorry..." George rubbed his face with his hands. "Pattie..."

"She isn't the same as Pattie, do you understand? Rachel's different."

George bit the inside of his cheek. "John, I don't think I would be a proper boyfriend to her."

"What do you mean?"

"I... Jus' look at me... I'm a jealous guy."

"That's my line."

"Just... I... I really like her and it's been two fucking days and I don't want to rush her---"

"You could talk to her, give 'er some more of those cringey lines. Make her fall for you!" John waved his arms around for emphasis. "In the words of the great Shia Lebouf: just do it!"

"Hey! My lines aren't cringey. Rachel liked them." George took a sip of his water. "Yeah I could.. I could try..."

"That's the spirit." John slapped his back, earning an 'oof!' from the younger.

----------

Rachel gave Paul a quick look and he quickly understood what she meant.

"I.. Uh, we have to go back to our flat. My dog's with my neighbor and I have to check up on her." Paul stumbled out.

John pouted. "Leaving so soon?" Paul was irked that he was facing Rachel when he said that. A small bruise was forming on his jaw from Rachel's kick.

"Uh yeah," Rachel said, totally oblivious to John's attention.

Paul tapped her on the shoulder. She looked up. "I'm gonna go ready the car, okay Rach?"

She nodded, fidgeting with Paul's big sweater. She looked cute in it.