• Chapter Nineteen •

My head laid there, sitting on the cool desk, blocking out any people or sound in the art room.

I couldn't go back and work with Luke without crying, and believe it or not, I don't like crying. I feel Calum rub my back soothingly before he leaves to go to the washroom.

That's when I feel another presence in front of me. I lift my head up to see who it is but then immediately put it down when I see Luke standing in front of me. I groan and close my eyes.

"I can finish the project, I know you don't want to see me. So I'll finish it and then hand it in, you'll never have to talk to me again." He says. My heart breaks a second time at his words.

One part of me is telling me to let him finish it and forget we were ever friends, but another part of me is telling me to go with him and try and work things out.

"No, we will finish the project together," I say, immediately wishing I hadn't. Well too late to take it back. He looks shocked at first but then a smile break out on to his face and he nods.

"I'm coming to your house after school." I sigh. Trying not to make eye contact with his beautiful blue eyes. Because if I did, I'd fall for him all over again.

Wait.

Luke's pov

When paisley told me she wanted to come over i almost cheered, almost. But I tried to keep it cool.

When she told me we were over, I felt more depressed than I did when my parents died. I don't know if it was because I hadn't had someone to care for me in so long, so when she did and I lost her, I felt worse. Or it was just the simple fact that I fell for her.

Yes I fell for her, there has been so many times where I just want to scream that I love her. Now more than ever. But I couldn't.
Not now anyways, I've only known her for like two months.

The night of the party, I was so drunk I don't even remember what really happened. I remember Alex coming into the bathroom when I was washing my hands, I remember thinking she was paisley since she was wearing a red dress as well. Then she kissed me and for a second I believed that it was paisley, so I followed her to the room and that's when she began to kiss my neck and she pulled off my shirt. I didn't know it was Alex, I was so sure it was Paisley.

But then when the real Paisley opened the door and I realized Alex was in fact not paisley, I felt awful. The run to the car sobered me up enough and I realized what a terrible thing I had actually done. Paisley was crying and that was something I never wanted to see again.

When she told me we were over I couldn't help but feel so angered at myself. I had ruined the one good thing in my life all because I was a drunk mess. I know I promised her not too but the only thing I could think of was the familiar stinging feeling that would let me forget my emotional pain. I couldn't imagine what she was going through.

So I walked to my bathroom, broke my shaving razor and slid it across my arms, letting the blood flow through and make more scars. It let me forget about her, but only for a slight moment.

As soon as class was over I ran out, I had already grabbed my stuff from my locker so all I needed to do was walk home. I ran out of the school and sprinted as fast as I could home. I knew paisley would be coming over but she would take her time seeing as she really didn't want to come over anyways.

I made it home before she made it there and I took that time to clean my house and freshen up. She showed up about five minute after I got home and she quietly knocked on the door.

I took a deep breath and then opened it. She stood there, her face a blank expression and some art supplies in her hands.

I let her in the house, not a word exchanged yet.

"Listen pais-" I began,

"No you listen Luke, you cheated on me, you made me cry for a week straight, I'm not forgiving you that easy, let's just get this project done so I can go home." She said, setting the supplies down in the living room and sitting on the couch. I frowned but understood she was right.   
I merely nodded my head and then went and got our half finished project.

Paisleys pov

I had to tell Luke how I feel. It was to clarify things with him but also to convince myself that that was how I was feeling. Even though if he said something sweet to me, all the walls I had built up would crumble and I would jump on him and kiss him for the rest of my life.

God Paisley get a grip, stop thinking of how kissable his lips are, how his cute little nose is a little upturned but cute anyways, or how his fingertips are so touchable, and his eyes. God dammit those eyes!  They are irresistible.  (A/n I'm 1D asf)

"Paisley? Are you awake?" I hear a voice, I immediately open my eyes and jump when his face is around three inches from mine.

"Yeah, umm sorry, just thinking." I clear my throat and sit up from his couch. "What is left to do?" I ask. Changing the subject.

"Um, we still have to paint, and draw some stuff in the corner, then we are done." He says, pointing to each supply in the order he spoke them in.

"Okay, I guess I'll mix up some colours, you are a much better drawer so you can draw the thingys in the corner." I say, not making an attempt to get up yet.

"Okay, you'll paint the thingys and then I'll draw the thingys. Do you know what thingys I'm talking about?" He mocks.

"Ugh shut up Lucas." I tease breaking into the first smile I've done since that night.

"There's that beautiful smile." He mumbles. I turn red and take this as my cue to grab the paint and mix them together. I had to distract myself from his lips.

As I am doing all of this I began to wonder.

"Why did you do it Luke?" I ask him, so suddenly I feel my body tense up as he begins.

"I- I don't know... I was so drunk I don't know what really happened... I remember thinking it was you, so I followed her to the bedroom, she kissed me so briefly that I couldn't tell if it was you, then she began to... Kiss all over me. I swear I would never do that again, sober or drunk. When I saw you standing at the door, and then I got a better look at Alex I realized that I had just made the biggest mistake of my life." He paused, searching my face for any kind of emotion, he obviously found nothing but a blank canvas, I chose to show nothing more. He puts his head in his hands and sighs.

"You have no idea how sorry I am, I feel so terrible. You are my whole world paisley. And if I had the chance I would make it all up to you... I would never hurt you again paisley, do you understand that?" He asks, pulling his head out of his hands and looking at me with a hint of... Hope? I don't know.

I nod and wait for him to say something next, I really have no idea what to say.

"Good, because I- I love you.. Paisley."

(A/N)

Hehehe cliffhanger.

Hope you are enjoying this! Feel free to point out any mistakes I may have made during the story, politely though please.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Hemmotran yay!

Thanks for reading!

-Caitllin