• Chapter Sixteen •

I flipped to the divider and I felt Luke stiffen and cough behind me. I began to look through the pictures, there was some with hearts with P + L written on them and some were just pictures of hearts. I wondered who this mystery person was. Maybe it was his first crush...

But then I flipped another page, I gasped. There was a beautifully drawn picture of me, hearts and arrows surrounding me. Underneath was written Paisley + Luke.

I gasped. Again.

Luke grabbed the book from my hands and ran out of the room, his cheeks a deep red colour and his jaw clenched tightly. I sat there confused for a second before getting up and looking for him. But I had no idea where to look, For all I know he could be in China by now.

The picture was beautiful, i loved it. I'm glad that he cares about me enough to draw pictures like that, I'm glad he actually likes me.

"Lukey." I call, slowly walking out of the room. No answer.

"Babe." I call again, searching in the living room for him. I hear a thump and then a whimper and then a curse coming from upstairs and then I know he's up there.

"Luke. Where are you?" I call, heading upstairs where the sound came from. I open the bathroom door and there is no one there. Now there's only two other places he could be, the guest bedroom, or the attic. I head for the guest bedroom just because it's the closest.

I open the door and walk in, making sure to be really quiet so I could hear if he was in here. I cross over to the closet and pull it open, there sat Luke. He had a lighter in one hand and the picture of me in the other, obviously attempting to burn it. What a Fool.

"Luke what are you doing in here? You're being weird." I say, crouching down to him and attempting to grab the lighter from his large hands.

"You weren't meant to see that." He says, letting me take the lighter but not letting me have the paper that held the most beautiful drawing I've seen. "It's embarrassing." He says.

"Luke, Don't be embarrassed. I love it." I say, joining him in the closet and resting my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around my body and pulls me closer, kissing the top of my head and handing me the picture.

"It really is beautiful Luke. You are an amazing drawer." I say seriously. Even though we are in a closet, it's an intense moment.

"You are beautiful." He says. "Usually I can't draw that well, but you gave me motivation." He finishes, trailing his hands up and down my arm lightly. I giggle.

"Paisley?" Luke asked.

"Yes?" I question.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Saving me from myself." He said slowly and quietly. "I would have given up a while ago if it weren't for you. So thank you. You have no idea how much you mean to me." he told me.

"Anything for you Luke. You are my bestfriend and boyfriend." I say, pushing on his legs so the would straighten out before straddling his hips and pulling him in for a long kiss. I already know we are one of those mushy couples that won't be able to keep their hands off eachother, but for the sake of the rest of the school I'm going to try and keep the PDA at a minimum. But since we are alone, no harm in a little make out session.

.

.

.

It's been two and a half weeks since Luke first asked me out meaning it's Friday. The party got postponed a week because of a family emergency. I've ignore Alex the whole time, only talking to her if it's to tell her to fück off.

Luke and I have been inseparable since then, only leaving each other when we had a different class. He's been being extra affectionate since then. He bought me flowers one day, delivered McDonald's and cookies to me another day, and threw rocks at my window until I answered so he could give me a picture he drew of him and I in another.

He's honestly the best boyfriend ever.

Wow it still feels weird saying that. I haven't been in a relationship since grade 9. Let's just say it didn't end well.

Luke and I had made carpooling plans for the party. I'm the D.D and Calum and Ash are getting a ride with us as well. I figured it would be better to be safe and let my friends and boyfriend have some fun, I don't like alcohol that much anyways.

After school Luke came over, he already brought his stuff for the party, consisting of a red plaid shirt with his regular black skinny jeans, and a black SnapBack. He looked extremely hot and all I wanted to do was make out with him. Luke insisted that I wore my red plaid dress to match him, I objected at first but the idea eventually grew on me. We were definitely one of those couples. (dress is above.)

I straightened my hair, did some make up, put on a black choker necklace, and my black pumps before walking out of the bathroom to find Luke laying on his stomach scrolling through his news feed.

He turned around at the sound of the door closing and I swear I saw hearts come out of his blue eyes. His jaw dropped and he immediately stood up and walked over to me.

"You look amazing princess." He spoke, softly cradling my jaw and staring into my eyes.

"Thank you Luke." I say, giving him a light peck, trying not to ruin my lipstick in the process. "Now let's get this party started!" I yell.

He cheers and then we make our way down the stairs. When I first got home my dad was passed out on the couch, but I was surprised to see him up and doing the dishes. He turned to face us at the sounds of our voices and his eyes immediately trained on my dress and then at Luke.

"Hi dad!" I say, going up to him and giving him a hug.
"I'm sure you remember Luke." I say, motioning to Luke who stood awkwardly behind me.

"Oh, yes. The good kid." He nods to himself, turning around and finishing the dishes. I look at Luke with a questioning look and he merely shrugs before intertwining our fingers and walking with me to the car.

We picked up Ashton and Calum, instantly being bombarded with questions about Luke and I. Ashton kept smirking at me the whole ride in the review mirror, what a brat.

We arrived at the party at around nine o'clock, it was already packed and there was drunk people scattered all around.

I walked hand in hand with Luke to the kitchen, grabbing him a couple shots and myself an orange juice. He had a look of terror on his face as I handed him the alcohol.

"I've never drank before in my life." He admits, taking one of the shots and swirling it around the cup.

"Don't worry, everyone's first time sucks. Just shoot it back, don't worry about the burning." I say. Luke's eyes widen but he obeys anyways. I'm surprised when he doesn't make a face, instead he looks at the glass and nods his head in satisfaction. I hand him another one and watch as he downs it again. This kids fûcking nuts.

Soon enough Luke is on the verge of being drunk and we are on the floor dancing. I'm grinding my hips against his mid sections slowly, in the beat of the music.
I actually like him drunk, he's not an angry drunk or a touchy drunk, he's a calm drunk. He's been so caring and soft with me the whole time, whispering sweet nothings into my ear and kissing me passionately. It was weird but I liked it.

We walked back to the kitchen and he began to take some more shots, just like the ones he had gotten earlier. It is now safe to say he is completely wasted, while I haven't had a single drink.