• Chapter Four •

Since it was Friday today and I had just finished dropping Luke off, I really had nothing to do. I don't go to parties, Alex is busy, I don't want to bother Calum.... So honestly that leaves me no choice than to go home and socialize with my troubled father.

I parked the car and walked up to my freshly painted front porch, I unzipped my bag and tried digging through it to find my house key but before I had the chance to, the door was roughly thrown open, revealing my father.

I noticed something different though. He stumbled around and had to hold onto the door frame so he didn't fall over, his eyes were bloodshot and his knees buckled every once in a while.
I now realized that he was drunk.

It didn't come as a surprise to me though, he kinda became an alcoholic once my mother and brother passed away. It's the only thing that lets him forget. I guess there won't be any socializing between us tonight.

"W-what are you doing here Pasty." He slurred. I laughed at his mispronunciation of my name before grabbing his arm lightly and bringing him back in the house. I hated when he did this. He always got so drunk that he couldn't take care of himself, so that left me to do it. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad. He just drinks way to much.

I led him to his bedroom before tucking him in and grabbing him an Advil and water, I knew he would need it in the morning. He fell asleep almost instantly so I proceeded to make myself some supper.

I really wasn't in the mood to make a real supper so I just got out some bread and made myself a sandwich. It wasn't much but it was enough to fill me up for a little. Besides, it was extremely good.

I sat on the couch and turned on the tv. Some random show that was probably meant for 12 year olds came on, it was awful. I sat there watching it for the longest time though because the remote was too far away to change it. I was just about to turn the show off when my phone made a 'ding' type noise meaning I had gotten a text.

I walked to the counter where I had previously put it and noticed I had a text from Ashton.

Ashy: hey you lil crap, wanna go out for some dinner?

I laughed to myself and then quickly typed a reply.

Me: sure, want me to pick you up?
Not even 30 seconds later he responded.

Ashy: no I'll come get you, I got a new truck.

I sent him a smiley face and then headed to my bathroom to get ready. I put on some fresh makeup put my hair in a high pony tail and then after checking my appearance in multiple different mirrors, I was good to go. I sat on the couch until I heard a honking noise outside and I took that as my cue to get going.

I ran to his truck and slid into the leather passenger seat. I engulfed him in a tight hug, mumbling a quick 'hello' before he began to drive to wherever we were going to go for supper.

"So where are we going?" I asked him excitedly. He always chose somewhere different, I was excited to see what his brain held in it this time. "It's a surprise!" He said before turning to me and smirking. It wouldn't have mattered if he told me or not, I wouldn't have known where it was either way.

"Okay... But I better not get food poisoning." I joked lightly. I speak from past experiences.

He laughed and then pulled into a small 50's style diner, the parking lot was empty except for a single blue car that was parked in the employee parking. "We're here!" He exclaimed as he hopped out of the car and opened the door on the other side for me like the gentleman that he is. "Why thank you." I said in a posh tone, mocking his cliche move. "You are very welcome m'lady" he mimicked, taking a small bow.