• Chapter Three •

Look at calums face :~)

School went by agonizingly slow if I might add. It was honestly the most boring day in the history of boring days. Besides having two classes with Calum and one with Alex, there was honestly nothing to do. Luke is in one of my classes also, but we didn't talk at all. Well, I talk, he is just a little bit on the quiet side. Oh. Maybe I'm just really annoying. Oops.

But I was glad that it was Friday and I no longer had to deal with this hell called high school... For a couple days at leased. I'm honestly so sick of drama, it's literally the worst thing ever.

I was now heading to my final class of the day which was Art.

As I walked into the poorly lit room my eyes scanned over it until I caught sight of Luke tapping away on some game on his phone. I walked over to him, cleared my throat to gain his attention, and then dropped off his black beenie that he left in my car. He sighed and then mouthed a 'thank you' before setting it inside his bag.

The class was pretty boring for the first couple minutes. My teacher was explaining something about paint that I had already learned at my old school, but when she said that we were going to be doing group projects my head shot up and I listened with as much optimism as possible.

"This project Is for most of your grade so I expect you to take this very seriously." She finished before going around and handing us all papers. I guessed the papers had names on it because before I knew it the entire class either groaned or cheered, depending if they got a good partner or not.

Being in the back row, Calum, Luke and I got ours last. Calum read his, sighed and then walked over to a very obnoxious, very dumb, blonde girl. I didn't read mine, instead I looked around me. Everyone seemed to have a partner already so I was anxious to see who mine could be.

I picked up my paper that was facing down wards and turned it over. My eyes briefly skimmed across the paper before setting my eyes on who my partner was. My eyes widened and I looked over to him, only for his eyes already to be on me. I guess I'm with Luke.

"Remember! We are going to be doing lots of work for the upcoming dance so we won't have much time to do this during class, that means you are going to have to work on this on your own time." Mrs Moriset reminded us, Shortly before the buzzer rang, indicating that it was home time.
I hesitantly walked over to where Luke was packing his bag and waited until he noticed I was there. It took a couple seconds but eventually he

"So we are apparently partners." I spoke as he stood up and looked at me. "That's what it says on the paper." He said in a sarcastic voice, then blushed.

"Can I um... Get your ph- phone number?" I said nervously, I've never actually asked a guy for his number before so I hoped I did that right. He nodded and then pulled out his phone. We exchanged digits and then I was on my way to my locker, I would usually meet Alex there but today she had dance practice so I could just go straight home.

Finally after what seemed like forever, i was out of the busy parking lot and on my way home.

I drove for about three minutes before I saw Luke walking slowly on the sidewalk. I slowed the car down to match his pace and rolled down the window. "Hey! Wanna ride?" I called. He smiled and then hurried over.

He jumped in the passenger seat and thanked me many times and also gave me directions to his house that was conveniently on my way home. I brushed off his thanks like it was no big deal before beginning to drive in the direction of our houses.

"So what days are you free to work on the project?" I asked, attempting to make small talk.

"Any day you want, not like I have friends to spend it with." He mumbled the last part, I winced. "Are you free today?" I asked, ignoring his previous comment.

He scoffed. "Why are you asking? Don't you have some kind of party to be at ms. popular?!" He sneered. Was this boy on his period or something? I was just trying to be nice. His comment made me break out into a humourless laugh.

"For your information Luke, I don't go to those kind of things. They are stupid and a waste of my time... Sorry for asking." I retorted as I pulled the car to a halt at a red light.

He looked at me in shock, I just looked at him with a look of sadness and disappointment. Do people really just see me as that kind of person? Why was he acting this way? I am trying to be a nice person. Goddamn.

"I'm sorry Paisley..." He trailed off, looking out the window dramatically. "I really am... It's just- today isn't a good day for me. I'm sorry." He sincerely apologized as he ran his long fingers through his hair and sighed. "I'm sorry."

"I think you said that already." I giggled while attempting to lighten up the mood, i mentally patted myself on the back when he laughed and shot back.
"You'd think I'm some kinda Canadian with all the times I said the word sorry." He laughed.

(Yes Canadians like to be polite and say sorry a lot, and we like maple syrup.)

After we chatted and laughed some more, I found myself pulling into a driveway that led to a small black house. "Well I guess this is my cue to leave now." He said with sarcasm evident in his voice and a fake sigh.

"Wait-" I called right before he closed the door. "You forgot your beanie again..." Man this boy is forgetful.

"Oh thanks." Luke said as he reached into my car and picked up the fabric in his large hands. After a moment of awkward silence he cleared his throat. "Well, I'll text you later, thanks for the ride."

"Yeah, no problem." I replied as I waved to him and pulled out of the driveway.

The whole way home I couldn't help but think of him, he seemed so... Sad. It was like he was just bottling up all his emotions, like a balloon and it was getting so full that he was forced to let it out some air, just a little at a time. But instead of air it was anger.

If that was the case than that would explain his mood swing he had earlier in the car. That or maybe it's his time of the month.

A/N

Hey, Just in case you are wondering. Paisley is seventeen and Luke is 18 and they are both in grade twelve. Dylan aka paisleys older brother was four years older than her. Just so you know. Lol

Love you guys ❤️