• Chapter One •

Paisley's pov

There he is again.

I pass him everyday on the way to school. He always walks, I always wonder why. Complete with his black hooded sweater and headphones, he takes long strides, dodging the odd puddle that gets in his way. It's raining lightly and I feel bad that he's walking, I would offer him a ride but he doesn't even know me. I slow down as I pass him, just to make sure I don't splash him, also to examine him.

He has blonde hair done up in a quiff, black skinny jeans, his plain black sweater, and his books in hand, the usual for him.

I know you are probably thinking that I'm being creepy just staring at him, but I'm not trying to be. He's just so captivating, with his long legs and that sketchbook that he carries with him everywhere. It's like his baby, I've never seen him without it. Whether he's in math or he's in Phys. Ed, it's still right by his side. Sometimes I find myself wondering what he's drawn in there, I've seen some of his work that's he's submitted to the schools board, he's amazing. But I would like to see what's in that book of his.

I pull up into an empty spot in the parking lot of the school and fetch my bag from the passenger seat. I check my make-up and confirm that my hair is good before exiting the vehicle and walking to my group of friends.

"PAISY PIE!" My best friend Alex screams as she embraces me in a tight hug. "You'll never guess what I found out this weekend!" She exclaims while linking our arms and walking inside the school.

"What happened? Mama wants the details." I say as I open my locker and stare at her in excitement. Alex is one of the most popular girls in the school so she always has good gossip, I love listening to her rant for hours on end about a certain subject, it's hilarious.

"Leanne Tyson is pregnant! But the best part is that it's Austin Hardy's kid!" She squeals, attracting attention from other people around us. I gasp loudly. Leanne is the captain of the cheerleading team, she's tall gorgeous and bitchy, but what clan you expect from somebody like her. And Austin.. Well he's the captain of the football team, all he cares about is football, I'm pretty sure if he had to choose between his family or football, he'd pick football.

It's actually a perfect combination for disaster, Leanne couldn't go an hour with one of those mechanical babies that we got in health class, and Austin probably has never held or seen a baby in his life. I laugh at the thought of them trying to take care of a child and before I know it I'm sitting down in my first class. Math. Fantastic.

Math is the only subject I have with Alex, so I like to enjoy this class as much as possible with her because I know I won't see her for the rest of the day. Yes, I seem clingy, but if you saw me at my old school you would understand.

I was bullied a lot, the kind where you had no friends and you came home with black eyes every once in a while. It eventually got so bad that we moved, that's why I came to this school for high school. Alex was the nicest person to me when I first enrolled in the school, we've been friends ever since then.

"Okay class, open your books to page 67 and do questions 3-17." My math teacher boomed, he was always in a terrible mood on Mondays. Everyone knew that he could kill you with a single glare when he spoke on these kind of days, so no one tried anything.

I opened my book and immediately got to work. The questions were pretty easy, so I flew by them. Before I knew it, the buzzer was going and I was finished. "See you later Paisley." Alex said as she hugged me and began to walk to her next class.
I turned around and slowly made my way to my next class.

---------------------------

The day went by agonizingly slow like always and I was relieved to say that I only had one class left until I got to go home, relax in my pyjamas, and watch The Walking Dead. I had art, it was my favourite class. One reason being that I loved to draw, the other was that the blonde boy I always see is in it.

I made my way to the classroom at the end of the hall and pushed open the door. There was no one in there except the boy, just as I had hoped and suspected. He was sitting in the very back of the room with a pen in his hands, he was sketching something. His eyes had come up to meet mine for a split second before he looked back at the paper and continued.

I went to my regular spot, two spots to the right of the blonde. A boy named Calum sat in between us, he and I had come to be extremely good friends in the past couple years. In fact he was as close to me as Alex was.

We sat in silence like usual and waited for the class to start, I saw blondie glance at me a couple times but I never called him on it. After all I couldn't judge, I try and sneak a peak at him all the time.

He flipped the page of his book and wrote something down before adverting his gaze to me. "You're staring." He spoke in a low, shy voice. Oops.

"Sorry." I apologized as I blushed fiercely and turned to face the other wall. I heard him laugh behind me and a smile crept on my face at the sound. I continued staring at the wall for a couple minutes until the teacher walked in and began the class.

I tried to pay attention, I really did. But for some reason my mind wasn't cooperating and instead it was thinking of that boy. I didn't even know his name, but somehow I had memorized everything I had seen him do.

I was suddenly brought out of my thoughts when my teacher Mrs. Moriset called out my name. "Umm." I delayed. Too bad I wasn't listening.

"Secondary colour." Calum secretly whispered to me. I repeated what he told me and shot him a grateful smile when she approved and continued. He smiled and winked at me before gazing back up at the board. I thought I saw the blonde boy staring at me with those piercing blue eyes of his but I didn't know for sure, he looked away before I could confirm that it was me he was staring at.