• Chapter Five •

The weekend flew by like usual. Filled with nothing more than talking to Alex on the phone for hours about nonsense and then putting my dads drunken presence to sleep. I've always hated how the weekend seems like it's like 1 hour long, and weekdays seem like they last forever.

But there was one certain thing that made this weekend different from the rest... I hung out with Luke. It wasn't the typical 'hey lets hang out' kind of deal, it was more of 'let's say we're going to work on the project but end up just going for a drive while blasting green day and mayday parade' kind of deal.

But now it is Monday and I have no choice but to get up and go to school. I would skip today, but I really need to finish my other projects.

Luke and I's art project isn't due for another couple months so it's okay to procrastinate a little, but my other projects are all due next week and I haven't even started them. It's not that I'm busy or anything, it's just that i hate it so much that I convince myself that I have tons of time to do it when in reality I have none.

I sat up from my bed and rubbed my eyes. After sitting up, stretching, and then checking my phone like the morning paper, I finally got up and went to change. I had a shower the night before so I didn't need to today.

I quickly brushed my morning hair and then threw it up into a messy bun, slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans, my black toms, and a green day sweatshirt. I brushed my teeth and put on some make up before grabbing my phone and keys and leaving.

I stopped at a coffee shop on the way there and grabbed two coffees and two bagels. I was going to bring some to Alex until I got a text from her saying she wasn't going to school today. I sighed and continued driving, what a waste of three dollars.

I drove until I was approaching Luke's house, that's when I had an idea. I pulled onto his street and parked the car in his driveway, taking eager steps to the door, I knocked three times.

He answered the door almost immediately a questionable gaze fixed on my face with his bag slung over his shoulders and notebook in his hand. It looked like he was just about to leave. "Hey." I said simply, completely forgetting what I came here for, too lost in his beauty. Wait... What?

"Paisley? Why are you here?" He said, his face was scrunched up in confusion as he looked from me to my car and back at me. I guess it was a little weird for me to show up here, after all i barely know him sooooo....

"Oh, I wanted to know if you wanted a ride?" I asked, finally remembering what I had planned. He smiled at me with all his teeth, showing true happiness in comparison to his half hearted ones that he gave me most of the time. "Yes please." He said sweetly as he closed the door behind him and locked it.

I walked to my car and pulled open the door, Luke following closely behind. I turned on the radio, 'basket case' by Green Day filling my ears. "Did you have breakfast?" I asked Luke over the loud music.

"No." He said plainly as he looked out the window as I pulled out of the lot. I picked up the bagel that sat in a cup holder with one hand while my other hand steered the car. I handed it to him and then handed him the coffee that was now cooled down enough to be drank.

"What's this for?" He said as he examined the food and drink. "You can have it." I assured him with a smile. He looked at me with happiness etched into his features and thanked me multiple times before opening to packaging and chomping down on the plain bagel.

After setting my car into park once we got to the school I packed up my things. I didn't leave the car though, I sat there and waited for Luke to finish. "Sorry, we can leave now." He said as he put down his food and frantically tried to get his things together. I giggled before responding.

"No. Stop, we don't have to rush, there is still at leased half an hour until our first class starts. Take your time." I said sternly as I grabbed my bagel and began to eat it.

He nodded in agreement and then relaxed a bit, his face was flushed a light pink colour and he was nervously tapping his foot. "I like your shirt." He said as he pointed to my torso and nodded in satisfaction.

"Thank you, I got it at their concert." I smiled as I looked down to see what I was wearing. I honestly forgot what I was wearing so I wanted to double check.
"I got a shirt that looks similar to it, it's much larger though." He laughed.

I joined in on his laughing and began to study his features again. It had easily became one of my new favourite hobbies, the way his eyebrows furrowed and unfurrowed when he talked or when he would nervously chew on his lip ring or when he would scrunch up his nose and sniffle just a little. It was very cute.

He cleared his throat, "Well I guess we can umm g- go now." He stuttered once he finished his bagel, breaking me out of my little trace and shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "Okay." I agreed as I reached for my bag and then opened the door, then walked to the front doors of the school.

"Thank you again Paisley, for everything today." He said gratefully as we approached our lockers. Mine was number 38 his was number 43 so they were relatively close together.

It was pretty empty in the halls, only a couple people passed us, they were mainly just the quiet ones that liked to get here early. "It's not a problem Luke, your house is on the way here and I enjoy your company." I said, but then blushed realizing that I pretty much admitted that I like him.

He laughed and then closed his locker, staring right at me. I smiled at him and then closed mine. "I guess I'll see you in art. I'll give you a ride after school." I said.

"Thank you." He said as he pulled me in to him and embraced me. I was quiet a bit shorter than him so when he hugged me, his head sat on the top of my head comfortably. After a few seconds I realized what was going on and I hugged him back, breathing in his refreshing scent and capturing his warmth.

He gives fantastic hugs, I'm going to need more of these. I giggled at my thoughts and that caused him to pull away and blush furiously.
"Sorry, I umm.. I gotta go-Sorry." He stuttered, before turning around and beginning to walk in the other direction.

"Wait Luke!" I called to him. He turned around and I ran towards him. I basically jumped on him, I gave him a big hug and then handed him his notebook that he dropped and then walked away, not giving him the chance to say anything.

(A/N)

Hey guys, just giving you a heads up that the next chapter is going to be done in Luke's pov. Some serious stuff is about to happen so brace yourself. ;)

-Caitllin