• Chapter Two •

Paisley's pov

"Just die, no ones going to miss you!"

"Kill yourself! Just like your joke of a brother did." The voices taunted while kicking me as I laid on the floor in pain.

I screamed and bolted upright, harshly whacking my head on my headboard. It was just a nightmare... Sorta.

I took a sip of water from on my nightstand and sighed. I got the nightmare almost every night. It pissed me off so much! It was basically just re occurring memories that I desperately tried to forget.

I got up and slipped on a hoodie, my converses and some jeans before opening my window quietly and lowering myself out of it. I landed on the grass with a small thud and ran to the street. It became a tradition to kinda sneak out and got for walks when I woke up in the middle of the night, usually I went for about an hour until my nerves calmed a little.

I began my walk to the park which I usually went to, it wasn't far, maybe five minutes at most. The cool night air, The light posts and stars reflecting off the streets, and the breeze that blew my hair around in a soothing manner, were my favourite part of going for walks.

I approached the park and hopped over the small metal fence with ease before heading to the swing set. I always went to the swings just to sit and think for a little. But as I approached the seat this time I was stopped.
"Paisley? I-is that you?" The familiar voice called from somewhere on the ground.

I nearly jumped out of my socks when I looked down and saw a boy laying on the ground examining the stars.

"Jesus Christ! Don't do that." I scolded as I slapped his arm lightly and lowered myself to the ground to match his posture. My heart felt as if it was going to hop out of my chest at this point.

"Sorry." He laughed. Mmhmm you better be. Jackass

"Why are you here anyways Ashton?" I asked as I turned to face the curly haired boy. He was my brothers best friend, well ex bestfriend now. "I could ask you the same damn thing princess."

"Fair enough." I breathed. I snuggled closer to him and stared up at the beautiful stars while grabbing Ashton's hand in mine and intertwining our fingers.

We were really close, not in that kind of way though, he was basically like my other big brother.

I grabbed my phone with my free hand and checked the time.
3 o'clock in the damn morning. Guess who's going to be exhausted tomorrow? *raises hand*

"How have you been doing?" Ashton asked me. I knew he wasn't asking about school and stuff, he was referring to the accident.

"I've been alright, I miss Dylan like crazy though... How have you been doing?" I said sadly. I could feel some tears starting to build up in my eyes. I tried to force them back and it seemed like it was working, that's until Ashton looked me in the eye and said "I just miss my bestfriend."

I couldn't contain it, I let out a small sob and buried my head against Ashton's broad shoulder. We were now sitting up and he was rocking me as I cried into him. God I'm such a baby

Dylan was my older brother, he had been suffering from depression. He used to be so happy all the time, but once we moved, he just stopped. I had no idea why, but I knew it was serious.

One night I walked into his room and found him laying on the floor, a bottle of pills in one hand, and a suicide note in the other. He had killed himself.