Awkward Interactions

Vae turned the scroll over in her hands, examining it with a close scrutiny as she searched for a peaceful place to process. It's parchment wasn't particularly clean or smooth, indicating years of being crumpled up in an attempt to dispose of and then reopened out of better judgement. Despite its clear wear and tear the seal was still intact, whatever it's contents were obviously not wanting to be read by its bearer, Vivien.

"To open...or not to open..that is the question.." Vae muttered seating herself on one of the oak benches beneath the Gildergreen tree. Her fingers slipped beneath the seal, slightly peeling back the wax before stopping. She pondered what could be inside, an apology? An explanation for why she was cast away like a piece of garbage? If it were, did she want to read it? And if it weren't, what else could it be?

"Vaemona." Vae's mind stopped glancing up from her thoughts to find Lamyri standing before her suspicious as ever. "What did Vivien give you?"

"Tad disrespectful, wouldn't you say? Referring to your mother by her own name." Vae meant it as a sisterly joke but no sign of humor or kinship broke Lamyri's determined gaze. She sighed and glanced back down at the mysterious rolled paper in her hands. "Honestly, I don't know. I haven't had a chance to open it yet and even still I'm not sure if I want to."

"You shouldn't. Whatever condescending words Vivien had to say it isn't worth the time to read." Lamyri wasn't looking at her sister anymore. Her eyes were scanning the Gildergreen tree. It's bark flaked off in numerous places and no leaves could be seen upon its branches. She made a mental note to ask the preistess Danica of its condition the next time she went to the temple.

"I suppose your right." Vae stared at the scroll a moment longer before placing it inside her armor to be read at a later time. An awkward silence settled between them, neither sister sure what to say to fill the hole twelve years apart had created. Unable to stand it Vae spoke the first thing on her mind. "You know they say the gourmet makes the best Potage le Magnifique but I'd have to disagree. Have you ever tasted Aunt Alvina's? I wanted to learn her recipe but she would always tell me I'd learn it 'all in good time' whatever that means. This one night she made so much of it..."

"Why are you here?" Lamyri snapped, cutting Vaemona off as she became fed up with her chatter. Vaemona remained silent, once again finding herself staring up at her younger sister utterly dumbstruck. Lamyri's anger didn't falter, burning through her older sister's guilt ridden heart.

Not wanting to mention the letter Vae had received from their mother that drew her to Skyrim in the first place she decided to admit the chain of events that had transpire from her Helgen imprisonment to the dragon's attack and finally the mission she had been sent on to warn the Jarl. When she finished speaking Vae rose from her seat, stretching out her body. She hadn't been seated long but she wasn't used to such heavy gear and the weariness of the days travels wearing it were beginning to tire her body.

Lamyri wasn't sure what to make of all she had been told. However regardless of if she believed Vaemona's story or not she was duty bound as a thane to report all possible threats to the hold to the Jarl. Even if it meant bringing along her sister for Jarl Balgruf to receive the full story. She wasn't happy about spending any more time with the woman but it had to be done for the sake of her home.

Turning away from Vae Lamyri walked towards the steps that lead to the home of the Jarl, Dragonsreach, beckoning for her sister to follow.

"Is that your way of saying you're helping me? Because it's not very clear!" Vae called after her, doing her best to keep up with Lamyri's pace. Underneath the heartache she felt from being within Lamyri's presence Vaemona was excited. Their family had only lived in Whiterun for a short time in her life so she had no memory of what the Dragonsreach palace was like.