Here lies the Abyss

Vae stood, nodding for Hadvar to lead the way. He lead them down a dark corridor. The stone bricks of the fortress began to break away, leaving only muddy walls held in place by wooden support beams as they got deeper underground.

"We need to find a way out of here." The torture's assistant, who Vae had only just noticed following them commented from behind her.

"Where are we supposed to go? Wheres the way out?" More stormcloaks.. Vae drew her swords, running through the large arcading opening and into an open chamber.  The platform Vae stood on was connected to another by a bridge, where a female stormcloak soldier was waiting. Vae counted seven total enemies, none of which seeming to be much of a threat. She ran straight for the woman on the bridge, her sword cutting cleanly through the soldier's armor and into her stomach. She fell to the ground as Vae ran on. The sounds of combat out-matched the waterfall that spilled from the roof as Hadvar and the torture's assistant found their own opponents . 

Suddenly, the wind blew past her face and her cheek began to sting. Lifting her hand to her cheek, she found an unfamiliar warmth. She pulled her hand back and examined it, a sticky red substance dripping from her fingertips. I'm bleeding? Her head snapped up just in time to dodge another arrow, that time aimed for her throat. Archers...interesting. Her lips curled into a wicked grin, her feet dancing across the ground as she avoided getting hit again. As she got closer to the archer Vaemona noticed a glistening fluid beneath his feet. She paused for a moment, lifted her arm, and focused all of her energy into her hand. A blazing light burst from her palm, the flames licking at the ground. It met the liquid with a firey passion, setting the man aflame. He screamed in agony as the flesh slowly melted from his body and turned his bones to ash. 

Vae walked towards where the corpse would have been and picked up his bow. It was a simple wooden longbow complete with a quiver of iron arrows, that fit nicely over her shoulder, resting between her shoulder blades. Hadvar joined her on the ledge after he defeated his opponents, but the torturers assistant hadn't been so lucky. 

"Alright, lets see if we can find a way out." Hadvar suggested, his breath shallow and quick.

"Tired already?" Vae taunted playfully, though she could feel her own energy beginning to wear thin. She knew she needed rest, and soon. Hadvar found a lever that released a bridge and they ran across. Just as Vae's foot reached safety, the ground shook and large boulders fell onto bridge. They smashed through the wood and sent the whole thing plummeting into the darkness below. She turned around, almost getting dizzy at the sight of the fall she almost had to endure.

"Damn it. No going back that way. I guess we're lucky that didn't come down on top of us." Hadvar muttered. Vae turned back around, her confidence giving way to her exhaustion.

"We need to keep going." Her voice was dry and barely above a whisper. What ever force that was driving her before was completely gone. The leather armor had dried from the blood, stiffening it and it now chaffed her body every time she moved. Every cut and scrape seemed to burn all at once. Her body wouldn't make it much longer. "We'd better push on. I'm sure the others will find another way out." Hadvar ran down the steps and across the stones along the river bank. Vae followed, but each step sent a wave of pain up her legs. 

They pushed on, until they came to another cave, its walls and ceilings covered in spider webs. As the monstrously big spiders came towards her Vae's pulled out the bow. She reached up, grabbed on arrow, set the nock onto the string, and carefully ran her fingers over the fletching. Pulling the string back took more effort than she realized. Her arms began to shake but she let go just in time. The spider jumped towards her just as the arrow went flying forward, straight into its massive abdomen. It fell back with a shriek. She readied her bow again and fired blindly into the space ahead of her. Hadvar killed off most of them, but her arrows met a few of their marks as well.

"You're good with a sword, but you definitely need practice with a bow." Hadvar chuckled. Vae coughed and kept walking, pretending not to have heard him. Can't be far now..  "This looks like the way." Hadvar ran ahead through an opening. Vae collapsed, spilling the contents of her bag onto the ground. She laid still for a while. If I just...close my eyes then...