Unbound

"Mul quah diiv!" Vaemona could feel the power radiate from her body. She watched as astral scales cloaked her body, rebirthing a new warrior. This is what her sister wanted, after all. To fight and be fought by her greatest foe, in their greatest form. Destroying them at their strongest, and tainting their memory. "Lamyri!" Vae shouted, the wind cutting her voice like razor blades. "Stop this madness, now! This isn't what he would have wanted!"

"Fo krah diin!" Lamyri's words became a powerful barrage of ice and snow, aimed directly for Vaemona.

"Yol toor shul!" Vaemona's fiery answer met her sisters frost breath with equal force, neutralizing both attacks.

Water splashed on Vaemona's face. That wouldn't have been too strange, given it was raining, but the water tasted like..Cherries? The breeze carried the word like a song through the tree branches.

"Hey! Wake up, we need to keep going!" Huh..? The world began to shake around her.

Vae awoke to Hadvar roughly gripping her chin, holding her mouth open as he poured a health potion down her gullet. She gagged and sat up, spitting out the liquid in her mouth. "Get up prisoner. We need to get out of here. Here," Hadvar picked up a stamina potion and handed it to her. "Drink this and get moving." Vaemona did as instructed. The stamina potion tasted like apples and immediately her energy was rejuvenated. She sat up with the help of Hadvar and picked up her things, re-packing her bag. She took a step forward but Hadvar grabbed her arm, holding her back. "Hold up. There's a bear just ahead. See her?" Vaemona looked ahead to see the large furred creature blocking their path. "I'd rather not tangle with her right now. We might be able to sneak by. Just take it nice and slow and watch where you step." Vae nodded in agreement, and with steady, careful steps they managed to sneak past the sleeping creature. 

"Whew, that was close."The air around them began to feel cooler and smelled a little less foul. Could we be close to an exit? Vaemona smiled hopefully. As they rounded the corner, a bright light met Vae's eyes, briefly blinding her.

"This looks like a way out!" Hadvar cheered. "I was starting to wonder if we'd ever make it." Vaemona walked triumphantly out of the dank, dark cave, Hadvar right behind her. She threw her arms in the air preparing her lungs for a victory yell, when a loud thunder-like roar shook the trees and rattled her brain. She gasped, quickly grabbing Hadvar's arm and dragging him to hide behind a near by rock. It was only for a moment, but Vae could have sworn its evil red eye had caught her's as it flew by. But dragon flew high over head and way off into the distant mountains.

"Looks like he's gone for good this time," Hadvar concluded. "But I don't think we should stick around to see if he comes back." Vae knew he was right and started down the path, but she had no idea where to go. "Closest town from here is Riverwood," Hadvar answered her unspoken question. "My uncle's the blacksmith there. I'm sure he'd help you out." Vaemona didn't know how she felt about that idea. She never was one for charity, but it didn't seem like she had much of a choice.