Another Part of The Prophecy(22)

I looked at the garden around me admiring it's beauty. On the sides across from each other lay my parents, Lillian, one of Hanley's people, and a random monster. The garden surrounded my town making a new and stronger barrier protecting it.

Colton slipped an arm around me, and I smiled as he pulled my closer to his body. We were standing at the spot right where Lillian's flower was and I thought of her. Colton had explained to me more what happened. A healer can give their soul to somebody else to save them fully. It will kill them, a person without a soul can't live. Lillian is an extraordinary healer like no other. She was able to split her soul, and give it to two bodies, Colton and Hanley. The soul she gave them revived them enough for them to live and hold on to life.

"So what's going to happen now." Carrie asked approaching us. Tyler was at her side and I noticed some tissues shoved in his pockets. Carrie's face looked stained with tears.

"We call a meeting." Ezibel said speaking up. She was really growing up.

"I already did." Hanley said coming up to us with two adults. "I'd like you guys to meet my parents."

"Janice." The mom said. She had purple hair flowing past her back and it moved around as if it were alive.

"Dray." The father said. We all introduced themselves. "We're sorry we didn't show ourselves before, we've been on complete lockdown since you guys showed up in the cave."

"The cave.. Hanley! That's what you thought by one became two.  

It was just you guys, then we came." I said piecing parts together. Hanley nodded.

"It really meant when Annibell became Evangeline and Ezibel." Hanley said looking at me and Ezibel.

"You guys were following the prophecy?" Dray asked his eyes almost popping out of his head.

"Yeahh...?" We all asked together.

"Well then, I guess your adventure isn't over yet." Dray handed us a piece of paper with writing scribbled down on it. I wondered why they didn't just carry around the prophecy.

I read it aloud.

"The two that possess the light, 

Cannot take their savior light. 

Dive down to where the light does show, 

So how thankful you are it may know. 

If not the light will fade in you, 

And you two will no longer be you."

I rose my eyebrows wondering what it meant.

"Ezibel, Evangeline, you two must go to the light. You have to swim to the depths of the water, but only you two. If you do not you will die, and the light will find somebody new to possess it. We can't promise that the new holder of the light will be good for Latella." Dray explained. I gulped. How many times was dying going to be in the picture?

"Can you please tell me this is the last part of the prophecy?" He nodded. I sighed a sigh of relief.

"Oh, one more thing. You can't use your powers yet. You were granted turning the dead into their rebirth process, but you still have not thanked the light and it may get angry." Janice explained.

"Who is going to watch over the town when we're gone?" Ezibel questioned. She was aware of the fact that once all of this is over she will be in charge, and I will be out fulfilling my father's wish. 

"We will." Dray said wrapping his arm around his wife's waist. "We were the King and Queen of the 'Old Castle' as you call it."

"That's yours? It's so beautiful and unique." I said, but not the least bit surprised. Considering how unique they were themselves why not build something to represent them.

"Yeah, we actually have been living there too. Your father knew about us and made sure we had food all the time. We were the refugees that live there. You just couldn't see us." Janice said with a smile. "Now you guys should get ready." Janice said ushering us away. I looked over at my shoulder one last time before continuing on.

"Are you going to be able to do this?"  I whispered to Colton reffering to the fact that even though it's already been a few days after the war he was still weak.  I looked up into his eyes feeling tingles go through my body.

"Of course I am, and I'm sure afterwards everybody is going to want to go to the moonlit water.  I'm not missing out on that."  He kissed me gently on the forhead and I blushed.  He really softened up.  I wondered if it was his near death experience, or mine. I knew both had really affected him.  Dying himself was giving up his own life.  My death would set him back, never to be the same again.  He would never be able to see me ever again, leading him to be locked in his 'cold state', as I liked to refer to when he was emotionless. 

"So do we get to tag along on this one?"  Tyler asked walking up beside us, hand in hand with Carrie.

"Yeah, we've never been outside of the town."  Carrie said practically bouncing up and down.  I looked at Colton, Hanley, then finally rested my eyes on Ezibel.  She shrugged as if to say 'What'll it hurt?'

"Considering the monsters like us, meaning that the fact you have no training in fighting what so ever..."  I paused letting the anticipation get to her.  She stared me down hard and I couldn't help but giggle.  "I guess so."  She jumped up and down and wrapped me in her arms sending me falling to the ground.  We laughed as we lay on the ground the others looking down at us.  Carrie would never replace Lillian, but laughing with her made up for a little of the pain. I looked up at the clouds above knowing Lillian would be proud for the fact that I understood she died happily.

"I do remember though you didn't have any fighting experience either."  Colton said helping me up, smirking.

"Yeah, but I had a hottie to protect me."  He said poking him in the side.  He only shook his head with a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

______________________________________________________________________________

So, I thought the story needed more of a closure, and it seems really short.  So what not a better way to throw in a couple of more chapters sending them on another quest to have the characters to create more bonds with each other!  Make sure to vote and comment if you like this chapter!  I'd really appreciate it, and I'll try to get the next chapter up soon, maybe even today!  Read.Vote.Comment.Fan!