Girl's Night Out(12)

Chapter 12

"I'm suprised you didn't bunk me with Ezibel."  I said referring to the fact that we were sharing a room together.  Cal had found extra matresses in a storage room and made another bed.  He did the same in other rooms for siblings.

"I figured she needs some a lone time.  To think and all."  Lillian said crawling into her bed.  She had given me the real bed and I figured it was for more than the fact that I was the princess of Latella.

"Colton is more than ready for this war."  Lillian said trying to calm my worries.  I smiled slightly, but I was worried still.  Not only for Colton, but my parents, the people and creatures of Latella.

"I forgot to tell you."  I said slapping my head to my forhead.  "We got the random creatures of Latella to join our side.  It was Ezibel's idea.  We have to tell the adults."  I got off my bed and pulled Lillian out of her own.  "We have to go, now."

"Hold up!!"  Lillian said pulling her hand out of my grasp.  "That's a two days journey there and back.  We need to be here at eight in the morning.  Before that even!  We need to make food."  Lillian said counting things off on her fingers.

"So six we need to be here.  That gives us nine hours."  I said shrugging as if it were no big deal.

"Did you forget everybody is most likely asleep?"  Lillian asked crossing her arms.  She thought she got me.

"Who can sleep when their is a huge war coming that will decide our fate?"  I argued pleased with myself.

"Not me."  Ezibel said walking into the room looking fully awake. 

"A girl's night out will be fun."  I opened the large window and pushed Lillian out.  I wasn't going to take any more of her motherly love tonight.  We had to have fun once in a while.

"Besides Ezibel and I need some more flying practice."  I shouted down below.  Lillian flew up to the window laughing uncontrollably.

"Fine, but we can't make any stops."  Lillian said as I jumped out the window spreading my wings.  I flew over to the window beside Lillian.  Ezibel stood there looking down, her eyes wide. She looked like a little kid that was scared of clowns and just saw a clown.  I remember the first time I had flown off the roof of a building I was the same way. 

"We're right here."  I said dropping a little.  Lillian followed my lead.  "We'll catch you if you fall.  It's just like your first time swimming, but you're your own flotation device."  I bit my lip.  Not a good way to put it.  "Just jump and spread your wings.  You'll glide."  We waited.  "Didn't you ever just want to fly.  Fly like a bird and wonder what it feels like?"  She didn't answer, but she closed her eyes and jumped extending out her wings.  She glided through the ai, but started heading downwards. 

Lillian and I followed her on both sides of her staying right next to her.

"What do I do?"  She shrieked.  I forgot to tell her what to do after that before.  It's like telling a kid how to ride a bike, but not how to use the breaks.  She was getting closer and closer to the ground maybe ten feet from hitting.  What if she crashed face first?

"It should come natural.  Let your soul take control."  Lillian yelled over the wind that was whipping through our hair.

Ezibel gave a scream as she started flapping her wings.  She was heading upwards now and shouting with joy. 

"I'm doing it!"  She yelled happily.  "What way?"  She asked.  I could tell how free she felt.  The freedom that came with flying.  Finally letting go.