Chapter Eight: Live in the Along

Start from the beginning

I picked up the guitar and started to tune it, so I can play the song at least well enough for me to hear. I cleared my throat and started to play...

I Want You Bad

In the back of a taxi cab,
One quick turn you were on my lap,
We touched hands and we pulled them back, yeah,
I want you bad!

And even though it should be so wrong,
I can't help but feel this strong,
Cause the way you turn me on like
A light switch.

I might just go crazy,
'Cause you're my best friend's baby,
But you got me thinking maybe, just maybe,
I don't know what to do!

I'm in love with someone else's girl
You rock my world,
But you're the one that I can't have,
Girl, I want you bad!

In my crazy mind
I'm with you all the time,
Cause you're the best I never had,
Oh girl, I want you bad!

Suddenly a knock on the door was heard. I grunted in laziness and irritation from the interruption from my music. I gently placed my guitar on my bed and walked towards the front door. I twisted and pulled the door knob revealing Gray Fullbuster. I widened my eyes, surprised to see him on my front porch.

"Surprised to see me?" He smirked. I sent him an expressionless, my lips forming a thin line and slamming the door harshly in his face. I turned around and decided to go back to my bedroom, but then I heard him knock on the door again, making my whine in annoyance.

I opened it aggressively, almost breaking the door handle, "What?!" I yelled. He flinched and rose his arms defensively.

"Yo, I just wanted to talk." He said calmly. I rolled my eyes slamming the door in his face again. I had enough of seeing his face. I don't know why I'm pissed at him. I plopped myself on my bed, hugging my guitar and looking up at the ceiling.

"I'm in love with someone else's girl. You rock my world, but you're the one that I can't have, girl, I want you bad." I sang silently to myself. Maybe that's why I was mad at seeing Gray's presence. It was the lyrics that made me feel angry and envious. I frustratingly tugged my pink hair and grunted.

Lucy belonged to Gray, and I can't have her because I was too late. I want to start all over again and make things right, because she belongs with me. But...I can't. She's already taken, taken by the one who already took my opportunity, in actuality, more than just one opportunity. I wish Lucy can just be with me. I want her to realize that I can make her happy more than anyone in the world. I wish I was the one to help her through her depression. I wish...

"She loved me..." I whispered. I shifted my head to face my alarm clock. I realized it was 3:40 PM, then I looked outside my window to see the afternoon sky fill with clouds. I smiled and thought that Lucy didn't really specify what time to meet at Fairy Tail Hills. I shrugged and decided to come anyways.

I dressed in my casual clothes; basketball shorts, hoodie with a black tank top underneath it, and a pair black vans. I looked back at my guitar and sighed. I took my house keys from the key hangers next to the door. I opened it and closed it, locking the door. I looked beside me while locking my door to see Gray sitting on my porch bench. I ignored his glances and decided to ignore them, more likely his existence.