Por Un Segundo

It's been too many close time s to where Braxton's almost found out about my secret. I want to tell him but I can picture nothing but bad coming out of that. And then some!

"So you told your mom?" Gaby asks. I nod. "And she was okay with it and let him come over?"

I nod again, "then Braxton comes and effs it up." I add

"Yall's relationship is cute but so...stressful." Lexi says.

"It is. Natalia, don't tell me you love him already?" Lib yells.

"Liberty NO! I just really like him." I clarify flipping on her bed.

"Girl be careful. Remember what happened last time. My bed is fragile."

"Speaking of relationships, Gaby have you been a good girl with Damani?"

"Yes I have. I haven't even kissed him yet. Told you I'll be good."

Lexi asks, "Gaby how can you flirt with a guy knowing he has a girlfriend who might cut you?"

"Who is also a bitch." Gaby corrects.

"Does it make a difference?"

"Yes, yes it does because it means he's emotionally available!"

"Gaby, I'm serious the only thing that is gonna come out of this is heartbreak and heartbroken is what you're going to be."

"You can be so negative sometimes Talya."

I chuckle, "Yeah I know

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

_________Braxton's POV__________

She doesn't really realize how in love I am with her. You can call it whipped all you want but I call it in love.

I'm chillin' in Calculus sitting and talking to the people in my group: Amy, Nelly (girl), and Eddie.

"Dude, she's just Natalia. There are other girls." Eddie brings me down.

"Not like her. It's something about her. You know."

"Dude how can you say that? She kissed you. She liked or likes you- I don't know. Then she dates somebody else. Then she quits IMPRINT-the best dance group in our county. Probably the city, or the state, or the tri-state area, or the country, or North America, or probably-"

"Eddie, I get it!"

Nelly asks, "Why do you like her so much? She's- She's -She's..."

"Beautiful. Amazing. All I ever wanted."

"No that's not what I meant Braxton. She's so stuck up."

"SHE'S AN HEIRESS!" I say protecting her.

"There isn't anybody else you like or think is cute?" Nelly asks. Is she talking about her? Well yeah Nelly is cute but I think it would be weird to date her. We're not even that close like Nat and I are.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I'm just saying Natalia isn't the only girl."

"And also what are you gonna do about Imprint?" Amy asks.

"Not shutting it down. Probably host auditions for Nat's part."

"Sign me up!" Nelly says touch my hand with hers.

"Braxton and Eddie, can you do a favor for me?" My teacher, Ms. Crutchman, asks. We nod standing up. "Can you take this box to my car and put them in the trunk on TOP of the cooler?"

I grab her car keys from her hand and Eddie and I heave the box to a higher level.

"I'm in the teacher's parking lot. It's a bluish greenish Toyota Camry with a fake broken glass baseball sticker on the back window."

We're carrying the box downstairs. It is very heavy. "What is in here?" Eddie complains.

I pull the flap up., "Ungraded papers."

"She must be really busy."

I reach her car and push the trunk button on the remote key. We heave the box into the deep trunk. When I close the trunk, I look to my right and look at the car next to hers. It looks oddly familiar. Must not be important. If it was, I would've remembered.

~~

I'm sitting gat lunch with Jace, Wes, and Mikey. I keep staring at Natalia who's so much into her conversation with Gaby, Lexi, and Lib to even acknowledge me.

"So have you found out yet?" Wes asks bringing up my dilemma.

"Actually no but when she was sick, she told me Mike was there then he left."

"Are you sure she wasn't lying?"

"I don't know. Then I'm like whose car is that in the driveway?"

"What did she say?" Jason asks rubbing his forehead.

"She said some dude her mom brought home from the club that night."

"Well what the car look like?"

"it was an uppity sports car something you would find in like 'The Fast and The Furious" and it had a logo on the back of it that said, "I Have a Lead Foot""

"So Apparently, Vin Diesel drives that car!" Mikey jokes.

Then I pause and say to myself, "The car...."

It all makes sense now! The car at her house and the car next to Ms. Crutchman's car. But Ms. Crutchman's car was in the teacher's parking lot. It's a teacher?

Natalia is dating a teacher.....?