Night Off

I park my car in the massive driveway of the house address Mike gave me. This house is huge.

I see Mike's car and 3 other cars.

He must have friends over.

With my gym bag around my shoulder, I ring the doorbell.

A guy answers the door who is about roughly my height.

"You must be Natalia. Come on in. Join the party."

Mike runs to me and put his hand around my waist, "Nat you're here finally."

His friends stop playing pool. "Yo, so this must be Natalia. Wow, so how does it feel to practically be dating your teacher?" I half-laugh. I'm just going to take that question rhetorical.

"Nat, that's Damani a.k.a. Mani-he's mixed. That's Victor a.k.a. VIC-he's black on the outside but pure oreo on the inside. That's Richie, well that is his nickname, and he's Vietnamese. And these girls are: Mani's girlfriend, Cherryann, but we call her Cherry. Victor's girlfriend, Aleia, but we just call her Liyah. And this is Richie's girlfriend, Meygen we sometimes call her Meyg."

I laugh at the overwhelm of names, races, and nicknames.

"Hey Natalia." They simultaneously say.

"I feel out of place. I'm so young" I say

"Actually we girls are 18, well besides Meygen-she's 19." Aleia says speaking up.

Thank you...

Mike grabs my hand and my gym bag and I'm guessing he's taking me to his room.

His room looks like the Master Bedroom because it has the bathroom connected to it. His walls are painted Grey. My favorite color. He flicks on the lights. My white shoelaces begin to glow. He doesn't have regular lights I can see. He uses the black lights that make everything glow brighter.

I run and jump on his bed. I had to jump his bed is near damn 6 feet tall. Don't ask me how he got it like that.

"So, why do you live in this big house by yourself?"

"Not by myself, with my friends. They're my housemates. We've been doing this since we graduated. It actually helps with paying for mortgage because it splits it 4 ways." He explains going into his closet.

"I'm actually glad you could come. Sorry about what happened the other day."

"May I ask why?"

"I was paranoid." He confesses sliding his hands down my back.

"Well don't be, nobody is gonna find out."

"We're not 100% sure."

"Well, for right now, I'm pretty sure." I say standing on my tippy toes to kiss him.

"Yo Mike, what's taking so long!? This is party time, not freak time!" Victor yells

"We should probably join all the fun."

"Okay but tomorrow, I gotta leave early for dance practice."

"That's fine as long as I get to spend time with you for the rest of the night."

_____________________________

I fight my way out of Mike's bed. It's 9:30. I swear I'm always late! I run into bathroom to pee.

When I flushed the toilet, Mike calls my name waking up.

"I'm late."

I reach over him to grab my phone off the night stand. He grabs my waist and brings me down to him.