Party No Mo'

I'm packing clothes up for Mike's house. Gaby's coming with me this time because Damani kept begging me to bring her.

My mom walks past my room then backs up again. "Lord, Talya, where are you going now?"

"Dance studio." I lie with no emotion.

"Nat..." she whines, "Why are you lying to me? Braxton told me you quit. You never lie to me."

It's true. My mom is like my best friend. I can't lie to her. I rarely lie to her and I don't wanna start now.

"Natalia...if there's anything you gotta tell me, speak up please." She says giving me the mini pouty lip.

"Okay, Ma, sit down. You might need to process this all carefully." The worried look on her face makes my stomach tighten. The feeling like when you're so scared, you think you gotta poop now.

"I'm going to my boyfriend's house."

"Oooooo, a boy... okay what's his name?"

"Mike, short for Michelangelo."

"Aww, I wanna meet him."

"That's not all. Um Mike..." I force the words out into a whisper hoping she wont hear me, "-is my gym teacher."

"Your gym teacher? The buff, tan, Italian guy? Coach LaBrandi?" I nod and her face turns uncomfortable.

"Mommy, please say something." I beg.

"Are you happy?"

"So far, actually I am."

"Well, if youre happy, then I'm happy."

"Ma, you don't seem happy..."

"We'll just talk about this later, so go have fun." She ends that on a soothing calming voice, while rubbing my back, and getting up to walk out my room.

"Natalia, Gaby!" says answering the door.

""Hey Rich? I thought you were going to Meygen's house tonight?" I ask.

"Oh, I am. I'm about to leave."

"Wow, this house is....HUGE!" Gaby compliments with huge eyes.

"Gaby!" Damani loudly greets while hugging her.

"Damani...don't make me call Cherryann." Vic says making his way through the door. I guess he's going to Aleia's house.

"Gaby is sleeping on the pull out couch."

"No she isn't." Damani objects grabbing her waist.

Gaby's eyes are saying, "Please, let me sleep with him. I wont do anything bad." I can tell she's enjoying this.

I just smile and walk away while shaking my head.

"Hey babe." Mike greets giving me a quick kiss.

"Babe?" I reassure.

"Yes, you're my babe because you're my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? When did we decide this?"

"Just now. You're telling me you haven't told anybody that I'm your boyfriend?"

My mom...

I smile and laugh, "Okay, whatever you say boyfriend..."

"Yo! A pool table! I always wanted one!" Gaby said grabbing a pool stick and acting like she's playing. "Anybody up for strip pool?" she plays with the hem of her shirt.

"Uhh...strip pool?"

"Yes, strip pool. You play as you would play Solids & Stripes." Gaby starts off. "Say your balls are solid, giggity, and you put in the hole thing, giggity, the other team has to take off a somebody on their body. Contacts don't count....had some experiences with that."