Chapter 8

We walked inside and I lead him to the couch. "So do you want to work on that chemistry assignment, Ms. Granman gave us today?" I ask him.

"You wanted me to come in just to work on a chemistry assignment?" He questions.

"Nope, I just don't know what to do, I just wanted to spend some time with you," I smile at him.

"Well I know a few things we could do..." He trails off.

I slap his arm playfully, "you're such a perv."

"You know it," he winked teasingly.

"I guess I'll just have to ignore you," I glare at him, "until you stop being a pervert."

"Oh please, how can you ignore this?" He points to himself. I stare at him blankly and turn my back on him.

"You can't ignore me forever," he says and I stay silent. "You're going to crack soon," he continues. He snakes his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder. "Talk to me, Bi," he asks with pleading eyes. I just look at him in response. "Ok fine! I'll stop being a perv, just talk to me, the silence is killing me," he whines.

I smirk, "was that so hard?" I taunt.

"No, but escaping me might, " he said with a devilish grin on his face. My eyes widened and I sprinted upstairs to my bedroom. I could hear his footsteps chasing after me. I ran into my room, but before I could close the door, Ashton caught my waist.

"I got you," he whispers in my ear. I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck. We lean in and as he closes his eyes, I take that as a change to break from his grip. I run down the stairs and into the bathroom. I close the door and sit on the floor being as silent as I can. I hear his heavy footsteps running down the stairs and I hear a loud thump, indicating that he fell on his way down. I hear him mutter some incoherent words and I muffle my laugh. I was sitting in the bathroom for 10 minutes when my stupid phone went off. I heard Ashton walk to the bathroom door and open it causing me to fall backwards into him.

"You can run, but you can't hide," he says dominantly.

"Says the guy who couldn't find me for 10 minutes," I laughed.

"That wasn't fair, it was my first time in your house and it's huge," he whinnied.

"But how could you not check the bathroom?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I found your game room in the process," he smirks. I check my phone to see what notification ruined my perfect hiding spot and a message from Dakota appears on the screen.

From: Dakota
Come to Tammy's now!

To: Dakota
K, on my way...

"Hey Ashton, could you drive me to Tammy's house?" I asked him.

"Ya sure, why?" I ask.

"I don't know, Dakota just texted me to come," I say.

"Ok, let's go then," he says and we both walk to the car. He jumps into the driver's seat while I find my way to the passenger's side. We talk about a bunch of things during the five minute drive. That's what I like about Ashton, there's never a dull moment.

We pulled into Tammy's driveway and got out of the car. We walked to the front door and before I could even knock on the door, Dakota swung it open.

"This is a major emergency! By the way, Tammy doesn't even know we're here," she said before walking back into the house. Ashton gives me a confused expression that I answer with a shrug. We follow Dakota and walk inside the house.

"Do you hear that?" Dakota whispers.

"Hear what?" I ask.

"Shh! Just listen," she says.

Everything is silent for a moment, but you can hear the faint sounds of two people talking and playing video games. "Ya, the video game sounds? Tammy's playing it, big whoop," I shrug.

"It's not about what she's doing, it's about who she's doing it with," Dakota says. "Ok that sounded really dirty," she adds with a chuckle.

I listen more closely and realize there's a female voice...and a male voice. I notice that Ashton has been really quiet all this time.

"Do you hear it?" I ask him.

"Yep and I think that voice belongs to someone in our home room," Ashton rubs his chin.

"Let's go investigate," I suggest.

Dakota rolls her eyes, "then let's go, Sherlock! You too, Watson."

We walk down the stairs to the basement soundlessly. We peak around the corner and our eyes probably looked like bowling balls. Before I could say something, Dakota beat me to it. "OH HECK TO THE NO!" She yelled a little too loudly. Both of them turned around in shock.

"Dakota? Seriously, it's not what looks like," Tammy defends.

"Oh really? Because it looks like my best fucking friend is playing video games with one of my fucking enemies!" She shouts.

"One of your enemies?" I question.

"I make a lot of enemies, don't judge," she said and then turned her attention back on Tammy. "How could you do this? I thought we were friends? Then you get it on with that," she says.

"That, has a name," Tammy glared.

"I rather say Voldemort for the rest of my life than say his name once," Dakota glared.

"Dakota, I think you need to relax," Mark said entering the conversation.

"No one asked for your opinion, you filthy Mudblood," Dakota continued with the Harry Potter references.

"C'mon Tammy, he's literally the Dark Mark!" Dakota reasoned.

"Dakota, just let us explain," Tammy tried to calm down Dakota.

"There you have it, my ex-BFF is now friends with Mark," Dakota says with a disgusted face. She then stormed out of there with Ashton and I hot on her trail. I caught up to her and grabbed her wrist.

"What the heck was that?" I demand.

"Exactly what it was," she answers like the smartass she is.

"You just dropped your best friend just because she was with Mark, it's not like she's dating him," I tried to convince her.

"Still, she betrayed me and went behind my back, and that's unforgivable," she glared, broke out of grip and practically ran out of the house.

"I have a super huge mess to clean up," I said to Ashton and put my head in my hands. I felt him pull me close and wrapped his arms around me in comfort.

"It's ok, I'll help you get through this, and you know they won't stay mad at each other forever," he says.

"Thanks, Ash," I smiled up at him.

We leaned in for a kiss, it was my first kiss when a loud thump interrupted us and we jumped apart. I watched as Tammy pushed Mark out the door yelling some profanities at him. Ashton and I awkwardly stood there as they battled it out until Tammy finally slammed the door in his face. She broke down in tears right there and I rushed to her side to comfort her. She mumbled some incoherent words about Mark and Dakota before wiping her eyes dry. She asked us to leave so she could have some alone time. We obeyed her wishes and left her house. The car ride was silent and I was thankful because I need time to think about what just happened.

Ashton dropped me off at my house and kissed me on the cheek and telling me that I don't have to face this alone. I replied with a nod and a slight nod before letting him go to drive home.

I watched as his car pulled out of the driveway and disappeared around the corner.