A Big Shock

Jason's pov

I am tossing a baseball with Thomas while I wait for Jessica to come pick him up for baseball practice. Me and her are dating again. Take it one step at a time, she says so I'm taking it slow. A car pulls up. Thinking it's Jessica, I wave to her but who shockingly gets out isn't Jessica. Miranda. My eyes instantly land on her engagement ring. "C-Congratulations on your engagement." I mange to say, dropping the baseball. "Who-" "Sierra." "Right, well, I just want to say goodbye. And well there's something you should know. Since I'm getting married and all." "What is it?" She glances at Thomas. "I uh... Go wait inside buddy." I tell him. He goes inside. That's when I hear crying. I look at her truck. "Miranda....." She opens the door. "Jason, um meet your daughter, Rachel." My jaw drops. She's definitely my daughter. A green eyed little baby girl. "I found out three days after you dumped me three years ago. And well I.... We were broken up and I had Elliot so...." "He's been taking care of my daughter." I finish her sentence. I can't believe it. I'm so shocked. "What does this mean.... For us?" "Nothing. I just figured you should know. I'm getting married now!" "I.... Right... I know that.... Am I still allowed to see her?" Rachel is standing now, sucking her thumb and holding Miranda's hand. I kneel down on one knee. "Hey Rachel, I'm your daddy." "I know." She mumbles. "What? She knows about me?" "Of course Jason, I told my daughter who her dad is!" "C-Can I hold her?" "If you want." I shakily pick my daughter up. "I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry I wasn't there when you needed me." "It's okay.. El-" "Don't. Don't say his name. He took care of MY daughter. It just... I don't like that I wasn't there for her." Rachel hugs my neck. "Daddy." I smile. "Yeah darlin', I'm your daddy. How long are y'all in the states?" "Well, for good." I stare at her confused and surprised. "What?" "We moved here so you could see Rachel when you wanted. After all she is your daughter." I try not to cry and hug Miranda. "Thank you."

*2 weeks later*

A knock at the door catches me by surprise. I'm not expecting anyone. When I open it, I'm shocked to see Miranda in a wedding dress. "You know you're invited to the wedding right?" I shake my head. "No. I can't." "Why not?" "I just... I can't. It won't work going to my ex girlfriend's wedding. The girl I still love." "Ok, but you still have a seat if you change your mind, I'd really like it if you were there." She starts to leave but then stops. "I have no one to walk me down the aisle." She whispers, her fists clenched tightly and her shoulders shaking. She's crying. I fight back the urge to say yes. There's no way I can do that! "I guess it's still a no?" I stay quiet, looking at the ground. "Ok, I'll see you later, I guess." She leaves. I sit on the couch and cry my eyes out.

Miranda's pov

I was hoping and praying he'd fight for me! He'd stop me! Tell me it was a mistake and that I should be with him! But no he just let me leave. I guess what we had really is over! I guess I'm getting married..... To someone I don't love!

Fly Over Statesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें