Goin' back home

Jason's pov

I wake up the next day and she's making breakfast, Thomas is up, reading again. That kid is such a bookworm. I walk into the kitchen. "I'm sorry baby, I had no right to say that stuff. It's just.... Different... And I have to get used to it all." She turns around, her cheeks red, I think from crying which makes me feel like a total jerk. "And country music isn't stupid. You just hurt me last night and that's the only thing I could think of that would hurt you." I could think of a ton of other things but there's no way I'll say them. "So we cool?" She nods and turns back to the stove. I lean against the counter beside her. "So where's that Elliot guy?" "Sleeping, he was working all night last night." Mike calls me to tell me I have soundcheck in an hour and I have to get back to Russia where the show is. I sigh. "I gotta go babe, show in Russia." She sighs, glaring at the pan. "I'm sorry hun, I don't wanna go." "I wanna ask you something but I don't want you to get mad like last night." My eyes go wide. "Baby, you can ask me anything, I won't get mad at you." "So what was that song, I wanna look it up later." I smile. "Words are medicine. Tim McGraw's new album really packs a punch." She smiles. "You think you have time to eat breakfast?" I've got an hour. "Yes of course baby. And I know it's gonna be great." I kiss her cheek and call Thomas to the table. I eat breakfast with my girlfriend and son. I'm really glad I stayed to do that. I smile and hug Thomas. "I'll see you tomorrow buddy I promise." He's still upset about all this. "Ok." After that, I get a plane to Russia. "There you are!" "Hey I made it with..... Two minutes to spare." Mike hits me in the head. "You Dumbass!"

*later*

"This goes out to all those country girls! Don't be afraid to show your country side!" I sing she's country while highfiving fans.

*a few weeks later*

I sadly put my bags in my trunk. I have to go home which means I have to leave my family. I hug my son tightly. "When are you gonna come back?" He asks, teary eyed. I fight back my own tears. "I don't know son, just know I will. Always know I will." I stand back up. My beautiful amazing French as fuck girlfriend. I pull her into tight hug. "I'll miss you so much." I whisper. "I'll see you when I see you." She says, making me smile. "And I hope it's someday real soon." I whisper, brushing a tear from her cheek. She puts a hand on my cheek. "Til then my prayers are with you. Good luck and I can't wait to hear new music from my cowboy." "God baby girl, you're gonna make me tear up too." I kiss her goodbye then drive to the airport to go back to the states.